Front film

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
Anyone have recommendations on front film? I want to protect as much as I can against rock chips.

Helmet

Established Member
3M Scotchgard Pro or Xpel ultimate are probably the best ones out there, They are both self healing also

Twinpwr

Established Member
I did Xpel, looks and protects great! I did entire front clip, side mirrors, rocker panels, area in front of rear wheels and space on rear.

Breitling

Established Member
I went with Xpel Ultimate on my GT500. I've had it on for 2 years and it looks great. No fading, yellowing or anything of the sort. Very happy.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Hands down xpel. Have it on a couple cars. The highest use is a Raptor, 2.5 years, 40k miles, and never garaged, still looks fantastic.

BlownAway03

Established Member
I'd find a shop that uses a plotter to cut the film if possible. I have Suntek on my Hellcat. My local installers prefer it over Xpel.

dom418

Established Member
Films have come a long way since 3M. It's one of the best investments you can make. Not having to find a new chip or bug etching after every wash is like heaven

IM3CPO

Established Member
Anyone have recommendations on front film? I want to protect as much as I can against rock chips.

I have self healing XPEL Ultimate on mine over the entire front clip of the car (picking it up today actually). I have done this on a number of cars and its well worth the cost.

ChimpanZed

Established Member
I always hear good things about Xpel
Xpel Ultimate is OK, not great. I have it on my XC90. The downside of Xpel is the orange peel that it introduces. It's really quite apparent, even on my white car. If I had a darker car it would look even worse.

For mt GT350R I'm going to get Clear Guard Nano instead of Xpel. Here's an example of the difference in clarity between the two:

photo_auto_cgn_filmcomp.jpg

BlownAway03

Established Member
Xpel Ultimate is OK, not great. I have it on my XC90. The downside of Xpel is the orange peel that it introduces. It's really quite apparent, even on my white car. If I had a darker car it would look even worse.

For mt GT350R I'm going to get Clear Guard Nano instead of Xpel. Here's an example of the difference in clarity between the two:

photo_auto_cgn_filmcomp.jpg

I had no trouble with orange peel when I had Xpel.

ChimpanZed

Established Member
I had no trouble with orange peel when I had Xpel.

It's not a "problem" so long as you don't mind it. The Xpel orange peel isn't worse than a lot of modern paints (especially BMWs - why is their paint so shitty?).

If you do a single stage paint correction on a new car, then add Xpel, you're essentially back a factory paint level of orange peel.

Users who are viewing this thread