Front Fasica ?

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
While washing the car yesterday I noticed that my entire front fasica I.E. front bumper moves up and down considerably. It's almost like it's barely attached. I haven't hit anything (parking stops, curbs etc..) so it really concerns me that something may have broken loose. I can't see any reason as to why it moves so much. I've torn down several mustangs in the past so I'm familiar with the front end structure. I'm leaning toward the front bumper support not putting enough perssure on the fasica.

Opinions... Similar experiences.. tips?

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
I had this problem as well...moved around, like it was going to fall off. Well, I just crawled under and there are 4-5 buttons underneath that had come loose (did not fall out). I literally just buttoned them back into place and all was well. I say "was", b\c this is a recurring problem every few weeks or so, they need to be re-buttoned.

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
I noticed my front end bumper cover was the same way you described from the 1st week I had it back in July. I showed it to my dealer and he said that all the cobras are like that and it is normal. I'll need to get under there and check for loose "buttons". Where are these buttons? are they in obvious locations for me to find?

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Mine does it too. I haven't noticed any buttons that could be tightened, but now I'll have to go look.

All the ones I've seen move up and down pretty freely.

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
I apologize for the confusion. I got the front fasica confused with this (pictured below). I am also attaching a pic of the button that I was referring to that needs to be snapped back into place every so often.

Again, sorry about the confusion.

Last edited:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Remove the buttons and add bolts in there. The Cobra's have been loose like that for a couple years. There are two more you can remove at the top (under the hood) that can be replaced with bolts also.

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by KNGOBRA
I noticed my back is like that too....:shrug:

Now I find that my back bumper was missing 2 push pins causing it to move. Local Ford service gave me a handfull for free. Look under the rear bumper for some finger brackets, you'll find the guilty ones immediatly.

But the front bumper I can't locate anything that jumps out and says I'm loose. When I stuck my cleaning mitt into the duct hole next to the fog light, the entire bumper assy moved considerably. When I tried moving it by the front plate holder I found the only range of motion is up/down 1/2- 1" in either direction with no effort required. I feel like I'm overlooking something silly :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread