front end poping/clunking

deadmemory

Established Member
need some help here... my 03 cobra has a popping noise in the front end somewhere around the drivers side. it does it over bumps, and when turning moving slowly.
I checked all mounts, ball joints and bolts. the steering shaft may have a little play but could that cause a popping noise over bumps?

Its driving me crazy!

the car has these front Suspension mods

H&R Race springs with isos

Maximum Motorsports Bumpsteer kit

Maximum Motorsports solid steering rack bushings

Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber plates

Evolution Motorsports Subframe Connectors

Evolution Motorsports X-Brace, & Driveshaft Loop

Evolution Motorsports Front Triangle

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Usually a popping sound over bumps at slow speed is missing brake pads clips. At least in my experience. But they didn't make noise when turning. Did you check the sway bar links and bushings? I had a random thunk and it turned out to be a tore up sway bar bushing.

deadmemory

Established Member
yea they look almost brand new... i checked pretty much everything i can think of. its driving me crazy!

Chris_03SVT

Established Member
Check out your front struts. I had this same issue (popping noise from front driver side over small bumps).

When parked manually compress your front suspension (use your body weight and push up and down on the front end) you might hear it if you have the same issue I did (I did have to lightly pull up on the fender well to get the noise to act up once I pushed down), almost like the strut had a "sticky spot". If you do hear it, confirm the issue by using a spray lube on the strut rod, do the same test and listen for the noise.

In my case the noise went away, bought new struts don't have the noise any longer (car had 67k miles)

Users who are viewing this thread