Front end alignment settings

Cobra-R

Established Member
Guys,
Just a FYI. I had my race car in to have the alignment checked. This is the first it has been checked since I bought the car last year. The chassis had recently been setup by Griggs before that.

They got it on the rack and found the drivers side camber was at -3.5 degrees and the passenger side was at -2.7 degrees. These guys have been doing mine and lews cars for years, so they are familular with what we want. He called me and I immediately ran down there since he had no more adjustment on the drivers side to get me to the desired -3.25 to -3.5. I decided I should jump into the car and see if my weight would change the camber significantly. My weight brought left side to -3.0 and the right side to -2.97.

My point is, get your cars seup with the driver in the car, the small amount of settleling of the suspension makes a huge difference.

Brian

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Ironically, I took my car in for an alignment today - finished up about 6 PM. I truly wish I had seen this earlier in the day.

Now I have another project for next year...

Mr. Mysti

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Will ten cases of canned beer stacked up in the drivers seat do the same thing?!? :beer:

Beer:

12 Fluid Ounces x 24 cans x 10 cases = 2880 Fluid Ounces

2880 Fluid Ounces = 22.5 Gallons

22.5 Gallons x 8Lbs/Gallon = 180 Lbs.

Aluminum Cans:

24 empty cans x 10 cases = 240 cans

240 cans / 29 cans/pound = 8.275 Lbs

Beer (180 Lbs) + Aluminum Cans (8.275 Lbs) = 188.275 Lbs.

Sounds about right for someone like you or Brian bruce, but I would take about 15 cases to get it right... :dw:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Yep, That's the best way to do it.

I used to do alignments and had a dirt track team that always brought me their cars. I always had the driver of that car come with it and set it with him in the car.

Users who are viewing this thread