Front Door Speakers

RC-5.0

Established Member
Who's changed their 6x8 front speakers and what did you replace the stock "cardboard" ones with? Please say whether you upgraded stereo equipment in addition.
Thanks
RC

Nuar

Established Member
I replaced the stock garbage with JL Audio C2-570X, I did just the speakers. Made a pretty significant difference. At some point I will have to add some more audio equipment, but that is not a priority :)

daustin

Established Member
I replaced mine with some Infinity Reference X REF-8602cfx speakers. Not a HUGE difference, but definitely a difference and definitely worth the $109 plus 15-20 minutes to install them. No other audio mods.

stangn

Established Member
Jl c2 as well on factory amp, shelby/kicker 8" door subs on factory amp. C2 in deck with jl jx360 amp and jl v2 500 driving 12" jl sub don't remember but not a high end 12. I can turn the stock radio to max now and its clear and hits good. I have shaker system with no factory sub or nav or whats left of it lol.

daustin

Established Member
As a note to anyone with 2013 or 2014's, you also need to buy the speaker surrounds as the newer stock door speakers are all one piece and aftermarket will not fit without the surrounds. I think it was like $20 for both sides from Tousley. They knew exactly what I needed and I don't have the part numbers right now.

Bgoins

Established Member
I have the base radio. Replaced door speakers with Infinity (can't remember model) and put a box with 2x10's in the trunk. Sounds pretty freakin good to me and I can just take the box out when I go to the track. My car is my DD so it needed some better sound.

Users who are viewing this thread