Front Air dam Question?

2stangBK

Established Member
I just put on the lower valance for a 00-02 HD- 150. My only problem is the Lower Air deflector from my Lariat valance is about two inches short so it won't reach the holes for the push pins on the Harley Valance. Would any of you 00-02 owners mind taking a second to look on your Lower air deflector to see if the number "XL 3Z*8327 BA or AA" is stamped on it. That is the part number listed for the 4WD lower air deflector and about the only thing the dealer can find that would fit. The lower air deflector is a rubber piece that goes between the radiator core support and the lower valance. Seems to only be there to direct air up through the oil and tranny coolers. I would really appreciate the help. I dropped our Lariat 2 inches front and rear and now the valance sorta finishes off the look of the truck. Thanks for any help you guys can provide.:bowdown:

2stangBK

Established Member
Thanks again flyarmy. I used the number you listed and the dealer crossreferenced It for me to get the HD air deflector PN. It should be here Monday so when I get back from TDY I can put it on then.
You flying 60's? Probed up?

2stangBK

Established Member
Well, a little cutting to make it work but thats what it takes sometimes. It wasn't an exact fit due to the differences of where things are mounted on the core support but close enough to make it work just fine. Thanks again for your help. Now I only need to find a grill that I like and then buy the foglights and wallah she'll be finished.
Enjoy the instructing up at Rucker and give us a yell at the 39 RQS if you ever need any air refueling.
BK

Users who are viewing this thread