Friend is looking @ this Mach 1, your thoughts?

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
2003 Mustang Mach 1

He's looking to do a straight trade, his Ram 1500 for this Mach 1. I don't know the specs on his truck, believe it is similar in age and mileage to the Mach in the ad. He shot me a message on Facebook and asked me my thoughts on the car. Looks like it's been relatively well taken care of, mods are tastefully done, and the miles aren't horrible if the car has been a daily most of its life.

He's not really a car guy and it would more than likely stay as it is, just regular maintenance from this point forward. I assume he'd be using for daily driver duty and I don't think his commute to work is far at all.

What are SVTP's thoughts on the car, and the trade?

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
If it's a 4WD Hemi, I would think his truck is worth more than that car. If it doesn't have 4WD then I would say go for it.

The Mach has more miles than I'd like to see and is an automatic so it isn't that desirable of a car to give up a nice truck for.

clean92lx

Established Member
Looks like a nice find but that rear window crap needs to go! If it can be removed without leaving permanent damage revealed, I'd go for it. If your not going with your friend to check it out, I'd def recommend him getting it checked out by a mechanic (which shouldn't be hard to find considering the name of the town, lol) just to make sure there aren't any surprises later.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
The car looks super clean. I don't care for a couple of the mods but they aren't deal breakers. 10K sounds a tad high to me for an auto with that many miles. Just get it checked out by a mechanic.

aarons04cobra

Established Member
you didnt leave any details on the truck hes going to trade other then its a dodge:kaboom:. but if its actually worth $10g he shouldnt trade it for that car! not worth anymore then $8000 IMO

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member
you didnt leave any details on the truck hes going to trade other then its a dodge:kaboom:. but if its actually worth $10g he shouldnt trade it for that car! not worth anymore then $8000 IMO

My thoughts exactly. 4X4 RAM's bring excellent money (depending on the year). The Mach shouldnt be worth more than 7-8.

Details on the RAM?

ibleedblue65

Established Member
I don't like the front bumper, louvers and wheels myself. Combine that with it being an automatic and I personally would pass but if your buddy likes it and their values are similar go for it.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
He's not a close friend, just an old soccer buddy that I've semi-stayed in touch with via FB. He just knew I have a Cobra and thought I could chime in.

I haven't messaged with him since this morning but I did dig through his Facebook and found a side shot of his truck. I thought it was much older than it is, but it appears to be perhaps at least an '06 w/a Hemi, can't tell b/c the front is blocked as to whether it has some of the 2006 facelift updates from the 02-05 models.

Either way, unless this truck has ridiculous miles on it, has some issues, or if the Mach 1 owner is going to throw some cash in, I can't see doing an even swap.

1537433_723738640614_890547548_o.jpg

Blackoyote

Established Member
Hell no on an even swap...I dig the Mach, short of the hideous front bumper. Definitely an $8k car though only

4a7191a

Established Member
8-9k at best. Not a fair trade. Tell him to pay off the truck and check the forums for a 5sp.they're around in better shape all the time.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
I haven't messaged with him since this morning but I did dig through his Facebook and found a side shot of his truck. I thought it was much older than it is, but it appears to be perhaps at least an '06 w/a Hemi, can't tell b/c the front is blocked as to whether it has some of the 2006 facelift updates from the 02-05 models.

Definitely an 06-08 model. And I agree with what others are saying, that Mustang is overpriced for what it is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread