Friend Got a 2012 V6--Options?

RC-5.0

Established Member
Hey all. I thought there was as separate forum here for the V6s but I guess not.

My buddy since 1977 just bought his son a 2012 V6 with 50k miles on it. He wants to do the axlebacks first. I saw a few options at our local Steeda, and I can search AM and others also, but Wanted to get an idea as to what are the most 'common' AB's for the V6, and if you have any links to your video clips with sounds.

Im gonna have him sign up here soon.

Thanks
RC

AKDMB

Established Member
I love my MRT axlebacks on my 6. They aren't loud but the sound they make is amazing, here is a great clip of them on another car. The best tool to research what all the different systems sound like is YouTube. I feel the MRT's sound the best, but I am biased. Anything more than an axle/catback and these V6's sound pretty bad honestly. Once the cats come off these cars they sound like crap. The most common axle backs are probably the Borla's(Touring, S-Type, ATAK), Pype's muffler delete's, and the roush axle backs. I really don't like the roush axlebacks though, I think they sound horrible. Other notable options include the magnaflow street and competition axle/catback and the dynomax catback.

Mustang V6 Custom MRT-Interceptor Exhaust: http://youtu.be/ty6UgdWhZjA

Last edited:

RC-5.0

Established Member
Thanks..I will share that.
I found a '14 clip with the Borla S.. I thought they sounded Nice and deep. The ATAK is a different story though, IMO
RC

Users who are viewing this thread