fresh motor has slight miss??????????

snkevenom

Established Member
:fm:i have a 99 cobra motor built for a turbo. it has a slight miss at idle that just sounds like a cyclinder falling every other rotation you can see the rpm drop 200-500 rpm when it stumbles and around 1500-2000rpm under light load it gets a little rough but smothes out at rpm climbs . motor has about 70-80 miles on it was broke in on the dyno by a tuner to seat the rings but he couldnt figure out why it had the miss so he wouldnt make a pull, i have a slight drive/limp tune and the plugs look like it is running toward the lean end with a white/tannish (more white) color, that i dont like. i went back and told the tunner what i was looking at on the plug he said it should be fine that he set idle a/f at 14.7. so kinda starting to wonder about their abilitys to tune because he didnt know what it is under driving load but said should add up to 30%. running tr6's with 8:5.1 tried different plugs still same problem so not the same ngk problem others are having. running a ba3000 blow thru and 60lb injectors w/ twin 03 pumps and a kb boost-a-pump wired open all the time. stock 99 cams heads and intake w/ mild port on exhaust. all coils seem to be firing when pulled them out while car running. can some one please help me, this car is going to be the death of me. i have tons of money and work in to this car and cant make power because of stupid miss! tried swapping the ecu too cause the car kept pulling fuel back when had limp tune the first time when i got the ba3000 maf still no change and no check engine light or codes just system check not comp. thanks for any info

Users who are viewing this thread