FR500C Intake

prez1967

Established Member
Brain Storming here...

This intake would look killer under the hood of an early S197 car.

I understand that GT500 heads would be required to run this puppy. Would they bolt up to the factory 4.6 block? I imagine it would/should benefit from a forged rotating assembly and supporting mods but what kind of power would such a setup produce?

Would similar power numbers be possible from a more mainstream 3V engine combo?

I have a line on one of these intakes and wouldnt mind picking it up and throwing it in storage for when/if the time comes to pursue such a build... just wondering if its worth it or if I'll end up just displaying the intake in my basement eventually lol

debit_free_2010

Established Member
Brain Storming here...

This intake would look killer under the hood of an early S197 car.

I understand that GT500 heads would be required to run this puppy. Would they bolt up to the factory 4.6 block? I imagine it would/should benefit from a forged rotating assembly and supporting mods but what kind of power would such a setup produce?

Would similar power numbers be possible from a more mainstream 3V engine combo?

I have a line on one of these intakes and wouldnt mind picking it up and throwing it in storage for when/if the time comes to pursue such a build... just wondering if its worth it or if I'll end up just displaying the intake in my basement eventually lol

You can get well north of 500rwhp with a big bore, big 4-V head setup if your pockets are deep enough, I can't find the article but Roush made nearly 600rwhp with one of their high compression 5.0l Cammer engines using GT Supercar heads in the early S197 competition cars in 2006/7.

For the most part, modular 4V heads are interchangeable between the 3v 4.6 and 5.4, a couple of the castings require welding oil return passages but they will bolt on.

svtAdam27

Established Member
Gt500 heads will bolt right up. As mentioned above. But what kind of numbers are you wanting to make? The 3v can make over 400 with the stock bottom end and more with built motor and different combos.

Users who are viewing this thread