FR500

forced03

Established Member
Hey-

I know this has been covered a million times so I apologize. Did a search but didn't find what I was looking for. Found I lot of posts from a ways back filled with people saying they were going with the FR500 but it doesn't seem like too many people actually went for it.

Are those of you who have gone with the FR500 happy with your decision? Would you do it again?

I am looking for the quiet exhaust- louder than stock of coarse :)

Is the FR500 designed to be used with highflow x,or h pipe?

I have heard the FR500 is pretty quiet, does it wake up with replacing cat section?

I need to hurry and make decision. Bassani seems too much for me. Also considering magnaflow? Plese help!

Blades

Established Member
too much. bahhhhhhhhh. i dont think i ever heard a mustang owner say too much..

hehe jk, i always say there is way too much rice

I was originally going to go with the FR500 and then went with a bassani x and catback. I haven't gotten the parts yet but I can point you to www.mustangexhaust.com I have heard good things about the FR500.

But, I like my bassani. With a system designed special for the 03 cobra.. what can go wrong!? :burnout:

edit: removed the period from the link (it was after the .com)

double edit: what the hell. I thought it was mustangexhaust.com where you could hear the different midpipe and catback configs! Someone link this man up! He needs the sweet Mustang FR500 sound immediately! :D

Last edited:

Cobra'03

Established Member
Search on FredG on this website. Fred likes his, it is mellow and makes decent power. Both of mine arrived damaged as the packing is substandard.

Search on tmhutch on Stangnet. I sold him an FR500, and he is disappointed with the WOT sound.

Users who are viewing this thread