FR500 wheels brand new!

Silver VR4

boostin
Established Member
Hey guys, i had bought these wheels off one of the ebay vendors that produces them, and unfortunetly they do not fit my application(I was planning on running them on my vr4, now before anyone thinks i'm crazy, believe it or not, we share the same bolt pattern and ALMOST the same offset. Alot of 3000/Stealth guys run the saleen replicas without issue, so i assumed that i would be ok with these wheels, i guessed wrong:( ) Anyway, the wheels are 18x9 wheels with a 24mm offset. Now for the pictures:
FR500wheels008.jpg

FR500wheels005.jpg

FR500wheels004.jpg

FR500wheels001.jpg

As you can see they are gun metal with a polished lip. Definitely a good looking wheel, just wish they fit.
Here are some on my car to show the color contrast:
FR500wheels018.jpg

FR500wheels017.jpg

FR500wheels016.jpg

FR500wheels014.jpg

Well there you go. I paid 556shipped, they are still brand new, I'm looking to get what i paid for them. Let me know if there is any interest.
-Matt

Silver VR4

boostin
Established Member
unfortunately, its not the clearance with the front of the caliper that is the problem(which could be solved by using spacers). The wheels wont clear the rear of the caliper. The caliper is not far enough away from center of the hub to clear the wheel, kind of hard to explain, here is a picture of the problem:
FR500wheels013.jpg

FR500wheels012.jpg

I do love the wheels, i really wish spacers would solve the problem, cause for the price, the style/size is unbeatable.
-Matt
Edit: The rears fit fine on my car, its the front brakes the car causing the problem. Most VR4/ RT/TT owners suffer from the same issue, not alot of wheels available because of the brakes.

Last edited:

muztang2001

Safe & Sound Speed
Established Member
How Much are you looking for shipped to 93550. Am interested and if decent price have cash in hand.

Bullitt4110

Established Member
Silver VR4 said:
Edit: The rears fit fine on my car, its the front brakes the car causing the problem. Most VR4/ RT/TT owners suffer from the same issue, not alot of wheels available because of the brakes.
Cant you get bigger brakes?

Silver VR4

boostin
Established Member
03Sssnake said:
can't you gring those calipers down a little?
I tried grinding the calipers, but its not the face of the caliper that is the issue, its the rear or the part of the caliper facing the hub. As far as getting bigger brakes, im sure i could with success,however, im not in the place of buying a 1500+brake kit(although i wish i could!)

03CRAZYCOBRA

#2COBRA
Established Member
400 shipped is the best i can do. and what color r they are they Hypercoated FR500 Wheel, or Anthracite FR500s

Last edited:

Silver VR4

boostin
Established Member
03CRAZYCOBRA said:
400 shipped is the best i can do. and what color r they are they Hypercoated FR500 Wheel, or Anthracite FR500s
Ill make a deal with you, depending on where in jersey you are(i was just in point pleasant for the weekend visiting my friend), I will drive them to you, if your willing to do $469. Let me know.
Thank you jdm, yes these are replicas, Anthracite in color. And Tom i sent you a PM back.
-Matt

Users who are viewing this thread