FR500 wheelbase extension MOD. 50/50 F/R ratio.

Black Cobra

Established Member
What do you guys think about moving your front axle forward 5 inches, increasing your wheelbase to 106.3 inches and shifting some of that frontend weight to the back tires?

Is it more trouble or more cost than it's worth? The parts are supposed to be in the Ford Racing catalog.

Car and Driver - Ford Mustang FR500

I wonder if the next generation of mustangs that are to be based on a modified DEW Lincoln LS chassis will have a longer wheelbase? Winston cup cars are running with a 110" wheelbase.

kwiksnake

Established Member
I just wonder if new fenders, hood, and front fascia will be needed as well. Five inches seems like a lot without moving all of that forward too. I know I don't have 5 inches between my front tire and the wheel well, at leastnot with 17" wheels.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by Black Cobra
What do you guys think about moving your front axle forward 5 inches, increasing your wheelbase to 106.3 inches and shifting some of that frontend weight to the back tires?

Is it more trouble or more cost than it's worth? The parts are supposed to be in the Ford Racing catalog.

Car and Driver - Ford Mustang FR500

I wonder if the next generation of mustangs that are to be based on a modified DEW Lincoln LS chassis will have a longer wheelbase? Winston cup cars are running with a 110" wheelbase.
hahah At this part "It used to be called SVO (Special Vehicle Operations), but that acronym was so often confused with SVE (Special Vehicle Engineering), with SVT (Special Vehicle Team), and with B.V.D. (a brand of excellent underwear) that the guys in Dearborn jettisoned it (the name, not their excellent underwear)."

Now I wonder why not buy a Cobra-R which has a higer top-end??

LTrain

Established Member
What really pisses me off, is C&D saying all those damn mods were available in the FRPP catalog, and that being completely false. I can't even imagine how many of those K-members they would've sold by now, if they offered it.

Larry

Users who are viewing this thread