FR500 question

alexSVTblack

Heaton*****
Established Member
I am purchasing the FR500 18x10's for the rear and 18x9's in the front for my terminator, i am doing a lot of drag racing, so what is the best tire and tire size for the rear and best tire and tire size for the front? also how much am i going to pay?

thank you

TRBO VNM

looks like you have an 03/04 cobra. put the same size as stock on the front, except 18". I think stock is 275/35/17 or it might be 40 or 45, either way, I have 275/35/18 on the front and would never go smaller in width. They fit the rim perfect. 245 will be too skinny and reduce rim lip protection as well.

The rear is hard to say. If you are going to the track a lot I would say the BFG DR's are the best for the track, but they wear out pretty fast if used on the street as well. The nitto DR's are great street tires, but suck at the track. So you are stuck between the 2. Unless you want a standard street tire that will perform decently at the track. that I am not sure of as I have DR's on other rims for the track. My BFG KDW NT's hook pretty good on the street, but weren't that great at the track due to the track prep. Plus with an 18" wheel you reduce your side wall height as well.

I have 295/35/18 on my rear FR500's and probably wouldn't go more than 305 on the rear. with a 9" rim the 315's are ok, but the 10" rim and offset might not allow you to go that extreme. I have BFG DR's, 315's on the stock wheels. And the BFG DR's measure wider than the Nitto's.

And call Chris from Discount tire. He is a sponsor here and it is the forum we are posting on, so see what he can get you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread