FR500 DOHC high lift cam kit NIB F/S

03SVTCOBRA10TH

Established Member
I have 2 NIB FR500 DOHC high lift cam kits left over from some motor projects that never happened. They list for $1600 or so, will sell for $1200 shipped. These kits are nolonger available from Ford. I also understand that this cam kit was the cam kit that was used in the 2000 Cobra "R" and have now been dicontinued, and Ford is out of stock.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=5637

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FMS-M-6550-T46/

pics031.jpg

pics032.jpg

pics033.jpg

pics034.jpg

pics035.jpg

Last edited:

03SVTCOBRA10TH

Established Member
These were not in the 00R. These were in the FR500 race/concept car.

Yes, I know they were in the FR500 car, hence the name FR500. However, according to my information, when you open up the heads on a 2000 Cobra "R" the part numbers match up. I am not the only who is saying this, I think PSR also found this to be true.

Originally Posted by Dan
oh and by the way a stock ford cobra R uses FR500 cams just for the reccord I pulled the part numbers and cross referenced them

It is a really good piece of triva and an interesting find that Ford used these Rouch designed cams in the 2000 Cobra"R".

03SVTCOBRA10TH

Established Member
1 set sold. Thank you!!!

1 set left, this may be your last chance to get the FR500 cam kit, as most if not all dealers are sold out and FRPP is not making any more.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
The profiles are not the same though. I have no idea what numbers he is looking at and really don't care. The specs are what matter. I just don't want people to be mislead. Good luck with your sale.

03SVTCOBRA10TH

Established Member
Not to get into a pissing match, but more for my own education do you have any proof or is this your opinion. I would love to see some factual data. Thanks.

The profiles are not the same though. I have no idea what numbers he is looking at and really don't care. The specs are what matter. I just don't want people to be mislead. Good luck with your sale.

03SVTCOBRA10TH

Established Member
I would also like to say that I respect the opinion and info provided by olgreydog7, while I admitt I can not confirm if the specs are the same as the 2000 Cobra "R" I am also not able to dispell it either. Therefore, I will say this, the FR500 cam kit may or may not be the same specs as the 2000 Cobra "R" and according to some the part numbers are an exact match. Take it as you will.

I have 1 set left, and remember if you buy from me you are helping a long time fellow SVTP member. Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread