FPDM Delete & STFT Issues

The_03Cobra

Hey Folks...

So, I recently did a full install of the Fore return fuel system (hat, pumps, lines, rails, injectors) and I bypassed the FPDM, only using the trigger wire for my relays... But, the car is having loads of issues... Once fired up; the STFT's start at .9 and work all the way to 1.25 where they hold until the the ECT of 150 is hit and then the STFT's drop back to .9 where the car dies (assuming from being starved of fuel).

I've been staring at Advantage, reading as much as I can and combing through the other threads but I can't seem to find anything that resembles my issue (maybe I'm looking for the wrong thing?). Looking through the data logs, I can see that the car is in closed-loop configuration and that's what is controlling my STFT's and then once the time delay ('open-closed loop' Scalar) in the tune expires, the open-loop flag initiates and that's what ultimately starves the car of fuel.

Now, I'm attempting to learn to be a 'tuner', so, if I've just missed something super basic because I'm a noob, feel free to attack my feelings. But, I'm really just kind of getting into most of this non-bolt on/maintenance work.

I would really appreciate any help I can get!!

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Are you tuning the car yourself? There are certain parameters in the ecu that need to be changed when going from returnless to return.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The_03Cobra

Are you tuning the car yourself? There are certain parameters in the ecu that need to be changed when going from returnless to return.

Yes, I'm attempting to learn as I go. This is just a completely new topic to me so that's why I reached out!

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Advantage III
Good. Get Don Lasota's book. Runs about $100 and worth its weight in gold. I would have been completely lost without it. He breaks down exactly how to set up a return system using SCT....and how to tune the car.

The_03Cobra

Good. Get Don Lasota's book. Runs about $100 and worth its weight in gold. I would have been completely lost without it. He breaks down exactly how to set up a return system using SCT....and how to tune the car.

Oh great! Thank you so much!

Users who are viewing this thread