Established Member
Some pictures of my fox project some old some new:
coast high performace 347 stroker with goodies
FOX PROJECT

Last edited:

maniak87

All Nutz
Established Member
nice dude. nice!!! i am lookin to due the same thing in the future. 347chp in a coupe though if i can find a nice one.

have fun, keep us updated!

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Did you just pick that up not too long ago, and or have it for sale? i could of sworn i saw it when i was looking for my car, i remember those rims! Btw it looks like its coming along nice! If you in CT we should line em up some time :beer:

DJ HEARTLESS

THE OFFICIAL
Established Member
mustangglx said:
Some pictures of my fox project some old some new:
coast high performace 347 stroker with goodies
FOX PROJECT

it's going to be bad ass :rockon: keep us up dated :burnout: I started my project allready Im putting a 351w in my 93 vert and also buying the CHP 408 stroker kit its going to a beast! plus it's getting full piant job and suspension
so please keep us updated :pop:

mustangglx

Established Member
yea, i just recently bought it out if litchfield ct, im from canton ct, im going to school at wyotech in penn right now, its getting a new rear suspension set up, a cage and some tubular suspension components when im in my chassis fabrication class. but when im back from school and its done, ill line up with you ford50forlife, win or lose it still always fun. I dont know what the odds of the tranny holding up are, thats the only piece i didnt have money for so ill run it till i blow it up then do something about it.

DJ HEARTLESS

THE OFFICIAL
Established Member
mustangglx said:
yea, i just recently bought it out if litchfield ct, im from canton ct, im going to school at wyotech in penn right now, its getting a new rear suspension set up, a cage and some tubular suspension components when im in my chassis fabrication class. but when im back from school and its done, ill line up with you ford50forlife, win or lose it still always fun. I dont know what the odds of the tranny holding up are, thats the only piece i didnt have money for so ill run it till i blow it up then do something about it.

supercharged thunderbird tranny, it fits and my friend has one in his fox with a 347chp kit too. pick one up at the junk yard for like $150.00 and beat the shit out of it..... it hold up :read: trust me :beer:

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
mustangglx said:

Damn bro you, you go to school and had enough money for that?? holy shits!....

I've been to canton before, nice little town, HARD AS F#$% to find the town hall though... i do title searching so i drive from town hall to town hall all over the state...

Im jealous of you know though, come to think of it i shoulda bought a lesser modded car and worked on it, then buy a modded car and it not be up to par. I already pulled a torque box out and bent an axle tube, and spent 3grand to get it fixed and strenghtened the whole rear. Now i got that fixed and cant register it cause it wont fail emissions!

Hopefully yours will be up and running about the same time as mine, LOL good luck.

p.s. you ever take a trip down to berlin turnpike for the cruises/races there?
-Dan-

Last edited:

mustangglx

Established Member
ford5.0forlife said:
Damn bro you, you go to school and had enough money for that?? holy shits!....

I've been to canton before, nice little town, HARD AS F#$% to find the town hall though... i do title searching so i drive from town hall to town hall all over the state...

Im jealous of you know though, come to think of it i shoulda bought a lesser modded car and worked on it, then buy a modded car and it not be up to par. I already pulled a torque box out and bent an axle tube, and spent 3grand to get it fixed and strenghtened the whole rear. Now i got that fixed and cant register it cause it wont fail emissions!

Hopefully yours will be up and running about the same time as mine, LOL good luck.

p.s. you ever take a trip down to berlin turnpike for the cruises/races there?
-Dan-

Ive been over to the berlin turnpike a couple times in my 69 mustang, not for racing though, i like that car to much to beat on it haha i just go to hang out, not often though because I used to work nights

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
z-spec t-5? thats the same as 93 cobra tranny methinks. strongest of the production t-5's but anything out of a junkyard is gonna be worn, i would wear this trans out and send the core to g-force to build a superstrong t-5. I didnt have good luck w/ them only because it kept stretching the clutch cables forcing me to drive w/ no clutch for miles which breaks things.

Last edited:

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
mustangglx said:
Ive been over to the berlin turnpike a couple times in my 69 mustang, not for racing though, i like that car to much to beat on it haha i just go to hang out, not often though because I used to work nights

Cool man, i went there for the first time in 2 years a couple weeks ago, i promised i wouldnt go down there with my old car because i would get reckless every time. They got go karting down there thats always fun after a few drinks. Pm me the next time you go down ill cruise/ put down :beer:

mustangglx

Established Member
ford5.0forlife said:
Cool man, i went there for the first time in 2 years a couple weeks ago, i promised i wouldnt go down there with my old car because i would get reckless every time. They got go karting down there thats always fun after a few drinks. Pm me the next time you go down ill cruise/ put down :beer:

It probobly wont be for a while im going to be i western PA until september, but ill keep you in mind so when i do go ill let you know, plus ill keep you and everyone updated on the project, speaking of which heres a full rundown of the parts:

347 street fighter stroker kit from coast (flat top pistons)
Canton 7qt oil pan
mildoin high volume oil pump
canton main cap girdle
clevite bearings
trick flow:
twisted wedge heads
1.6 roller rockers
stage II cam, 542/563 lift 228/232 duration
track heat intake manifold
double roller timing chain
Valley girdle pro lifter valley girdle
ford racing 30lb hr injectors
granetelli motorsports MAF
BBK 75mm throttle body
holley 75mm egr spacer
March ram air intake
energy suspension motor and transmission mounts
edlebrock 190lph in tank fuel pump
lakewood blowproof bell housing
Hedman ceramic coated long tube headers
bbk off road H pipe
flowmaster cat back(for now)
subframe connectors
ford trak lok rear, putting 3.73s in soon

i feel like im forgetting something but its hard to tell :thumbsup:

DJ HEARTLESS

THE OFFICIAL
Established Member
ford5.0forlife said:
z-spec t-5? thats the same as 93 cobra tranny methinks. strongest of the production t-5's but anything out of a junkyard is gonna be worn, i would wear this trans out and send the core to g-force to build a superstrong t-5. I didnt have good luck w/ them only because it kept stretching the clutch cables forcing me to drive w/ no clutch for miles which breaks things.

I guess its the luck of draw if you get a good one, but for the prize of the tranny you can't beat it, specially when you're on a budget :idea:
iam building my 4banger fox out of the junk yard to prove you could a 10sec. n/a fox for under $5,000 including price of the car :burnout:

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
With that Canton pan fill it up w/ water before installing to check for any leaks. Just my .02 because when I built my 306 in my 94 cobra, I used the same pan and she had a crummy weld I never noticed until we installed the motor and filled up w/ oil. Needless to say I was pissed. They are common for this.

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
a84stang said:
not to sure on the rpms at 85 cuz my speedo is way off but my guesses are that when i am at about 65 i am at about 2100.

?? w/ 3.73's i know to order the red speedo gear, and at 65 im at 2300, the 4.10's is the White "driven" gear (the drive gear [the one in the trans] they dont make anymore) so calibration is always gonna be 1-4 mph off. but 4.10's at 85 should run like 3500rpms or a little less, 65 at ~2600

Users who are viewing this thread