The most powerful American cars ever | Fox News

Screenshot_20220703-115809_Chrome.jpeg

Sent from my Koehler toilet seat

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Unimaginable that neither the famed L88 Tri-power 427 Vette nor 426 Hemi Cuda made the list. LOL. Really highlights how awesome today's performance cars are, power wise. But imagine a '70 Hemi Cuda making 807hp from the factory. Further, imagine DRIVING it back then. :eek:

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't know about that. The Fox News header says it was published on July 2, 2022 9:01pm EDT.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Unimaginable that neither the famed L88 Tri-power 427 Vette nor 426 Hemi Cuda made the list. LOL. Really highlights how awesome today's performance cars are, power wise. But imagine a '69 Hemi Cuda making 807hp from the factory. Further, imagine DRIVING it back then. :eek:

c'mon bob, i thought you were a mopar guy back in the day? you know there was no such thing as a '69 hemi cuda

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Well there was, just that none was streetable that being the NHRA speced racers I think 50 was made along with the Hemi Dodge Darts for the same program

fl0112-128036_3.jpg

nope, those were 68's only

maybe you could get a dealer-converted '69 a-body with a hemi stuffed in it from mr. norm at grand-spalding dodge in chicago! but come to think of it maybe he only did dodges

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
c'mon bob, i thought you were a mopar guy back in the day? you know there was no such thing as a '69 hemi cuda
Good grief! LOL. I started to type '1969 Corvette L88', switched gears to Mopar, and neglected to change the year. Me bad! LOL. Both the '70 and '71 Hemi Cudas were/are legendary. That Sox & Martin SS was badass on the track back in the day. I was blessed to have seen Ronnie race a few times. My favorite team at the time. In part because I drove a modified '71 Duster 340 that was pretty much the only Mopar in my area at the time that had fat rear rubber that filled the fender-well with no rubbing, along with a nice rear rake. I loved that car. I used to work the 3rd shift at a printing plant and I'd often uncork the headers for the ride home at 6:00 AM. The sound of the uncorked small-block along with the (auto) shift kit that snapped my head on upshifts made me feel like I was driving a Butch Leal's Hemi Pro Stock Duster.

My setup looked similar to this one, but my paint color was TorRed.
1971-plymouth-duster-340-steve-harrington.jpg

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Good grief! LOL. I started to type '1969 Corvette L88', switched gears to Mopar, and neglected to change the year. Me bad! LOL. Both the '70 and '71 Hemi Cudas were/are legendary. That Sox & Martin SS was badass on the track back in the day. I was blessed to have seen Ronnie race a few times. My favorite team at the time. In part because I drove a modified '71 Duster 340 that was pretty much the only Mopar in my area at the time that had fat rear rubber that filled the fender-well with no rubbing, along with a nice rear rake. I loved that car. I used to work the 3rd shift at a printing plant and I'd often uncork the headers for the ride home at 6:00 AM. The sound of the uncorked small-block along with the (auto) shift kit that snapped my head on upshifts made me feel like I was driving a Butch Leal's Hemi Pro Stock Duster.

My setup looked similar to this one, but my paint color was TorRed.
1971-plymouth-duster-340-steve-harrington.jpg

niiiice

Users who are viewing this thread