Fox-Body Mustang | Chip Foose Draws A Car

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
Where I live Notch’s are hard to find and I can’t find a notch under $12k even in so-so condition. Nice drawing though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It does have a tinge of Celica to it, but the finished project will be undeniably a Mustang. His drawing has changed some of the lines just enough where it could take on that Celica look. I'd love to see the finished project! I think it's going to be stellar.

Sprchd83

Established Member
It does have a tinge of Celica to it, but the finished project will be undeniably a Mustang. His drawing has changed some of the lines just enough where it could take on that Celica look. I'd love to see the finished project! I think it's going to be stellar.

Agree on the lines. The a and c pillar are shorter and more raked. It's almost half notch and half fastback.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The Fox body is my flavor, I own a 93 Cobra and 91 Notch. I am not a fan of his drawing as he should have used the hatch version. The notchbacks are most beautiful when they are simple, and no freaking spoiler on the trunk lid.

Agreed

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
He drawing an R31 Skyline? Never liked Foose's style. Guy is the Ed Hardy of the tuner car world.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I personally like the drawing. For sure custom is VERY subjective, what appeals to me won't necessarily be your thing. Which it is why it is called custom. But, from drawing to pavement a lot of things can change. That's why I say that I like the drawing.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I was more bothered by some of the things he said than what he drew. Did nobody else feel like he was in a sort of backhanded way, talking shit about the 93 cobra? It wasn’t a Shelby, blah blah blah.

sometimes when I listen to him, I feel like he’s not really a car guy at all, just a talented artist who applies his skills to cars.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Chip is a super nice guy, met/saw him at a WDC.

But his designs look dated to me on most of his cars.

E

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I was more bothered by some of the things he said than what he drew. Did nobody else feel like he was in a sort of backhanded way, talking shit about the 93 cobra? It wasn’t a Shelby, blah blah blah.

sometimes when I listen to him, I feel like he’s not really a car guy at all, just a talented artist who applies his skills to cars.
I did take the Cobra dig personally lol. And I kind of agree, he is an artist and designer, and chose the car niche. Good observation.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I like Foose a lot. I know he can get a little wild sometimes but he also does some amazing subtle touches. Seems like a good dude too which is a plus. His old black f100 is an amazing truck

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member

What he said was true. Well everything except the $7500

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
He picked the wrong angle to draw and is a bit out of touch with the latest in coupes done right.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
What he said was true. Well everything except the $7500
So the 'non Shelby' Cobra cars are no good in your mind?

93 Cobra is a pedestal car for me, maybe its a result of having cut my teeth on Fox Bodies. Also have a soft spot for the 96 Cobra. You start talking smack about 03 Cobras and there might be a fight around these parts :)

coposrv

Established Member
Was he even trying? Looks like a notch with a bad wing and Shelby badge.

He’s a great artist but some of his stuff just doesn’t do it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread