Fox body 5 lug conversion

Modestoe3

Established Member
I just recently bought some front spindles with brakes and rear end from a 2004 gt, it came with drilled and slotted rotors and some hawk pads that where installed not to long ago. My question, what else would I need to be able to put it into my fox body? Different brake lines? Would I need a master cylinder from a newer gt? And for the rear can I use fox body lower control arms?

LtDavis

Established Member
Maximum Motorsports doesn't recommend '96-'04 spindles on a stock K-member fox due to changing the steering rack geometry to much and creating a big bumpsteer problem; http://www.maximummotorsports.com/tech_front_susp_7993to9604_spindle.aspx

I'm not sure exactly what else you need without researching, but I'm pretty sure you'll need at least a new master cylinder and possibly brake booster to get the right feel back in the brakes.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Your going to need a new master cylinder and prob boosters. Also I believe a proportioning valve. I found all my info on corral. Also be aware the 04 axles are longer then fox axles so check your wheel clearances.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
With that setup, you'll want to run a 1993 cobra master cylinder. It has a 1" bore that mimics the 99-04 v6 mustangs that came with the same brakes and vacuum assist. You'll also want to swap in a 1993 cobra or 94-95 sn95 booster.

Keep in mind, the 99+ rear end is 1.25" wider than a 86-98 rear end. And the disk brakes add an additional 0.75" each side. Control arm bolt diameters changed as well, so you'll need to install some sleeves. Easier to just pull all the brake stuff off the rear, and get some 94-98 axle shafts and install it all into your rear.

You'll need other parts as well. Google "fox mustang sn95 brakes" and you'll find tons of info. Common swap and well documented

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread