Found source of annoying rattle

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
For quite a while I have had a really annoying rattle in what I thought was the dash. I had the ac vents replaced and this took care of part of the problem. Today I finally figured out the rest of it. The e-brake button is the problem, I would never guess such a small part could make such a racket. Talked to my service advisor to see if a new one can fix it other wise I will just rig it up somehow. Hope this helps anyone with the same problem :thumbsup:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There was a post a couple of days ago regarding the e-brake button rattle. Other than that this is only the second time I've heard of it. Hope your dealer can fix it for you. I would think a replacement should do it.

roushstage2

Established Member
The e-brake handle rattled in my 2000 mustang, but it does not do it in my 03 cobra. I went for about a month with it sounding like it was coming from the dash and I just could not find where it was coming from, then one day I laid my hand on the e-brake and it stopped. It took me forever to figure out where it was coming from. I sold it a few weeks later and bought my cobra.

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
Thanks for the replys all. I got my dealer to order me a new handle over the phone. They always do a good job (its a Lincoln Merc dealer). I just hope the new one fixes the problem :beer:

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
I tightened mine last night and the rattle is gone completely. I ordered a new one already so the dealer will have it if the noise comes back right away. It was pretty loose I twisted it almost a full turn. The car is nice and quiet inside at highway speeds now (except for the stingers) for 2 years I listened to that rattle 3 different dealers couldnt figure out what it was :smmon: :bash: Ford just doesnt care when it comes to rattles sqeeks etc.

Users who are viewing this thread