Forums (not this one) are full of entitled jerks nowadays.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I hope i am not dating myself but y’all’s remember Chilton Total Car Care Books? Back in the day you had 4ish popular options, chilton/ forums / magazines/friends / local shop. I feel the vast of wealth and people with 1st hand experience was enormous. Due to having to do it yourself and actually have to read and figure it out.

Then YouTube and social media pop up and now everyone is a ASE cert mechanic, premium tuner, or car expert.

Reality is probable between broke Joe in parents basement & an over zealous backyard tent joe (on the spectrum of car knowledge). Digging deeper into Channels and peoples media links it’s becomes apparent.

Hate social media, funny the reaction you get when you tell someone you don't have FB, Instagram, etc. The is a good 2+ seconds of silence and a fuuny look as if im ET.
On the plus side most of the factory manuals are now online.

supercharged91m

Local 46
Established Member
Premium Member
I only use Reddit for a couple things also hobby related etc. But the meat and potatoes are here when it comes to gearhead knowledge there's no comparison... And I also just learned how important a original hood is

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Chilton, Haynes, Motor , Mitchell were the top ones. There are still sites were you can buy a subscription for a year for your vehicle and they are pretty reasonable. I do love how people who wouldn't put a light switch in their house decide to wire in all kinds of aftermarket stuff in their cars.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Chilton, Haynes, Motor , Mitchell were the top ones. There are still sites were you can buy a subscription for a year for your vehicle and they are pretty reasonable. I do love how people who wouldn't put a light switch in their house decide to wire in all kinds of aftermarket stuff in their cars.
And then wonder why it does not work. They will blame the part every time instead of their own incompetence.

Users who are viewing this thread