Former GT350 Owner.... now moving to a Boss 302

systemplayer

Established Member
Thoroughly enjoyed my 2017 Avalanche Grey GT350 but now want move back to a 5th generation Mustang again. The Shelby was almost too good, forgiving, and comfortable. Don't get me wrong, winding up that car, going through the Tremec, hearing that exhaust note was hard to beat. But I'm looking for something .......more engaging, kinda raw, a car where you need to be on point. So I figured the Boss would be the ticket.

I'm close to closing a deal, and I'm not sure of the etiquette / format here but here's my deal and I want to know if I'm in the ballpark. I'm not selling anything or fishing. Just trying to buy a car.

2013 Boss, 1 owner, 6500 miles, clean carfax, garage kept, good service record, completely stock, zero mods, straight car. Non-recaro's. Is this really minus the Torson diff? Getting mixed signals there. - Is this a 30K car? 35K car? I can't imagine it being under or over those numbers. Thanks for your help.

Ablaze

Established Member
I just sold my 18 GT for a 13 Boss not too long ago. Paid $31k for it with 13k miles. Has Recaros and the red key. Only mods were Ford Racing axle backs, short throw shifter, and rear seat delete. Perfect mods for me. Car sounds great, provides great feedback on the road and it's raw and fun right out of the box. Good luck.

HI RPM

Established Member
Mint 2013 Boss, non Recaro, 6500 mile, 1 owner??... Yeah, I would go as high as $30k for the perfect color/perfect car. That would be the upper limit for me. I would feel a lot better at $27k-$28k.

Dave is correct, no Recaros no Torsen diff.

On the other hand, there is a lot to be said for the added comfort and ease of ingress/egress of the base seats. Oddly enough, the base seat cars are actually a rarer find.
Depending on your usage of the car, the base Trac-Lok rear diff may be a blessing as well. It is said to hold up better for drag racing, and can be rebuilt if/when clutching discs get worn.
The Torsen diff has an advantage in the twistys, is a stout unit, but if it becomes damaged the whole diff needs to be replaced at a much higher cost.

I am still on the hunt for some take out base Boss seats to swap INTO my Recaro car.

Good luck with your purchase.

By the way, what color(s) are you looking for?? Blaze Yellow, for example is a rare color on the 12's. A Grabber Blue '13 would be a cool find as well.

noco5.0

Established Member
I bought my 2013 SBY Boss last August with 3k miles for 32k. My car does have Recaros and the Torsen rear diff. I would probably offer 28k and see what they said. Just saw a low mileage mint Laguna Seca go for 38k on Bring a Trailer as another point of reference.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
1,500-Mile 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302

Above link is a price reference to a Low mile GHIG boss that just sold. I’d say 30k max on a non-recaro torsion car as you have described. I think you’ll love the Boss. Post pics when you close the deal.
That one, with only 1,500 miles, sold for $33,850. It had a non-activated TracKey. And Recaro seats as you noted. Also 1-owner. IMO, a 6,500 non-Recaro Boss should be around that $30K max number you mentioned. Unless the car the OP is looking at is exactly the color he wants. If it's everything on his list, paying a tad more would be worth it IMO.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
And I think I read you can no longer get track key activated if hasn’t been installed already by a previous owner.

hotboy1966

Established Member
And I think I read you can no longer get track key activated if hasn’t been installed already by a previous owner.
TracKey can be done, but now uses about off brand tuner. I think it cost me about $800. I did it for the cool factor. I was underwhelmed with the updates.
You'd be better off to buy an SCT tuner if performance is what you're really after.
But that's just one guy's opinion.
Dave

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

brweimer3

You still looking for base boss seats?
Mint 2013 Boss, non Recaro, 6500 mile, 1 owner??... Yeah, I would go as high as $30k for the perfect color/perfect car. That would be the upper limit for me. I would feel a lot better at $27k-$28k.

Dave is correct, no Recaros no Torsen diff.

On the other hand, there is a lot to be said for the added comfort and ease of ingress/egress of the base seats. Oddly enough, the base seat cars are actually a rarer find.
Depending on your usage of the car, the base Trac-Lok rear diff may be a blessing as well. It is said to hold up better for drag racing, and can be rebuilt if/when clutching discs get worn.
The Torsen diff has an advantage in the twistys, is a stout unit, but if it becomes damaged the whole diff needs to be replaced at a much higher cost.

I am still on the hunt for some take out base Boss seats to swap INTO my Recaro car.

Good luck with your purchase.

By the way, what color(s) are you looking for?? Blaze Yellow, for example is a rare color on the 12's. A Grabber Blue '13 would be a cool find as well.

Users who are viewing this thread