Forgestars for sale

Black05Shelby

Established Member
I also had the ford racing springs on my 09 gt500, the only other suspension mod I had was a fays ratts link to keep everything centered. When bought these wheels I asked about clearance for baer brakes, Paul at howey industries told me they should clear no problem. You might want to give him a call just to be sure.

68gtscode

Established Member
I have a set of Forgestar C5Vs on order from Howey Industries in this exact same size. I ordered the wheels for my 09 GT500 (lowered approximately 1.5”) with the intent of running the exact same tires (275/325 Nitto Invos). Paul stated that most stock cars are fine, but that infrequently an adjustable panhard rod or watts link is necessary to ensure the rear is properly centered. It sounded like a small risk that I probably would have been willing to make even if I didn’t already have the rear suspension done.

A few other considerations making these wheels an attractive option- I was told 5-7 weeks lead time when I ordered, but it has been exactly 9 weeks and the wheels have just shipped. I should get them 10 weeks after ordering. You’ll pay $1,600 for the wheels, $1,150 for the tires, $20 for nice valve stems, $150 for the sensors and bands, and then you have to have everything mounted and balanced… Expect over $3,000 for this setup new.

Great deal OP! I probably would have jumped on them had they been available when I bought mine.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
this color?

mustangtuning_2268_46024345

TurboX2

Established Member
You said 1000 miles back in August, how many miles now? The old pic links are broken, can you post some pictures to see the color? What are the offsets? Do you know the wheel weights, or can you please weigh a front and a rear? Are they concave?

Thanks.

Black05Shelby

Established Member
Still same miles, they are off the car. The front offset is +35mm the rear offset is +55mm, I have not weighed them but if I were to guess I would say about 35 to 38lbs per wheel and tire assembly. If you would send me your email address, I will gladly shoot you some pictures. They are concave front & rear, Thanks Joe

Last edited:

TurboX2

Established Member
Gonna be more like 50-60lbs each corner. If you have a chance to set them on a scale would really appreciate it, part of the incentive to buy would be how much weight I might save over the 19" GT500 wheels I'm running now. Will PM my email address.

Thanks,
Dan

TurboX2

Established Member
My fronts weigh 59 lbs with 255/40/19 with over half tread, probably 60 with a new tire. Rears weigh 64 lbs with 285/35/19 70% gone, probably ~66 with a new tire. As far as I can look up the rear tires should be around 31 lbs, so the factory 19x9.5 wheel is more like 35, maybe a couple less if the tire is a little more... My real preference is to go 18x10 square for lighter weight but this setup is tempting, just wish it wasn't quite so severe a tire size stagger but there's really crap for choices in wide 19s....

Black05Shelby

Established Member
Sorry I missed your posts, work has been nuts, let me know if you have more questions. Thank you very much for your help IA Shelby with the wheel weight answers, Really appreicate a fellow forgestar owners imput.

Users who are viewing this thread