Forged rebuild of 2001 4v

Slowings

Established Member
I got my cobra a few months ago and it’s come to my attention that it will definitely be needing a rebuild in the not too distant future. I want to go forged as I do plan on adding boost in the future. I’m really new to this whole idea, however I plan on working with my cousin who has rebuilt many engines.

Basically I just want to know anyone’s input on what the best thing to do is, rebuild kit wise? Like I said, fairly new to the idea so anything I can do research wise also would be greatly appreciated, just really want to future proof this as much as possible.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Slowings

Established Member
Been waiting about a year for a response hopefully my patience will be rewarding for the both of us!

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Your question has been covered hundreds of times if you search. Besides that, nobody really frequents the How-to subforum. You'd be better off posting in the standard forums. With that said, you could buy a forged rotating assembly from a vendor like MMR or you could find some used 03/04 Cobra rods or newer boss rods and buy the appropriate pistons. There are bearing sets available if you look around but stock seem to hold up well for guys.

Yossii

Established Member
Hello, sir, I am someone who had done this, and just last week did a first start. . here is an almost no tune first start short idle. My Build list is. Engine 0.030 Bored over, Crankshaft .030/.030, K1. Technologies H-Beam Rods,,Kings XP Bearings, Ford Racing Timing Kit+A few timing things upgraded to Billet. D.S.S Racing Pistons, Heads were redone and have Howard Cams+Springs/Retainers upgrade, 255 LPH Fuel Pump, Ford Racing 47# Injectors, SCTX4 Hand Tuner, Dan at ProDyno got me a first start tune for all my mods. . Exhaust is BBK Long Tube Headers+BBK O/R H-Pipe + Stock Catback/Muffler.*Borla Atak soon ;)*, CAI Intake into the fender. BBK Twin 62mm Throttle Body, 1 Inch Intake Spacer, Exedy Mach 350 Stage 1 Clutch, BBK Adjustable Clutch Cable, Quadrant & Firewall Adjuster, Exedy Lightweight Racing Flywheel, MMR Ford Billet Rear Main Seal Housing cover, ON3P Coolant Cross Over Delete, MMR Light Weight Power Steering Pulley, MMR Head Cooling Mod, SR Lokar Flexible Dipstick---*If You Have Long Tubes, You Will Love This*, Ford OEM Coil Packs*I Heard OEM coil parks were reliable*,NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs* Thinking about going to Copper Plugs and changing them more often*.
I Would recommend a Kit, like this from MMR. Stick with reputable brands please, Do TONS of research.
4.6 / 5.4 FORGED Pistons, Rings & Rod Kit Combo
Starting at: $1,249.99

Users who are viewing this thread