Fore fuel system 4 Gauge wire routing

Phil'scobra

Established Member
I am looking for some help in routing my 4 gauge through the fire wall. What are some of my options? where can i run the wire.

Thanks

cj428mach

Established Member
Might check out this thread, i posted pics in post #56

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1052405-04-Cobra-make-over/page3

I grabbed my power from the distribution block and ran it into the fender side of the clear fuse block. Then ran it from there into the rubber grommet into the firewall, into the kick panel, then down the sill plate into the rear of the car. If you grab a blue o2 sensor male and female plug you can use it to do a complete plug and play setup on the wiring without cutting/splicing a single wire.

Last edited:

Phil'scobra

Established Member
did you cut the rubber grommet with a razer? i read that somewhere. Also how did you mount the fuse block to the fuse block? Not sure i understand where i would use the O2 plug set up?

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
I went directly from battery to fuse than through grommet ( yes cut with raser) also had to dramel sill plate & into trunk.I should have some pics if you want.

cj428mach

Established Member
did you cut the rubber grommet with a razer? i read that somewhere. Also how did you mount the fuse block to the fuse block? Not sure i understand where i would use the O2 plug set up?

There is a prestamped hole just below the power distribution block. I drilled a hole in the fuse holder and bolted it using the prestamped hole.

As for the terminals out of the o2 plug, you can use them to connect to your harness without cutting/splicing any wires. I wired mine up to have the FPDM trigger my pumps using Malcolmv8's wiring diagram.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...g-HOW-TO-allowing-OE-type-fuel-pump-actuation
Instead of splicing wires you can use the terminals to make plug in connections to the FPDM wiring as the FPDM uses the same style/size terminals.

TRBO VNM

4 gauge is provided for the FC3 controllers with the potential of running 3 pumps. 6 gauge for the FC2. I would prefer running a larger gauge than smaller to make sure there is as little loss to the pumps as possible.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
4 gauge is provided for the FC3 controllers with the potential of running 3 pumps. 6 gauge for the FC2. I would prefer running a larger gauge than smaller to make sure there is as little loss to the pumps as possible.

I was just pointing out the excess because it adds weight and is a waste of money. If it came in the kit though I guess no worries. 10 gauge wire is rated for 50 amps @12 volts at 15 foot long. Even dual 465s will draw just a hair over 30 amps and 3 465s (do people really run 3 465 pumps?) will draw 45 amps. Granted that's getting close to the 50 amp capacity and on 3 pumps I'd step up to 8 gauge wire.

4 gauge and even 6 gauge is kinda overkill. Doesn't hurt anything, just pointing out incase OP didn't know better.

TRBO VNM

Well, IMO Fore does testing on everything they offer or potentially offer and while the size might be overkill, fuel systems are something you want overkill and want more than "needed" so to speak. I have also seen smaller wire get hot and burn. No thanks.

And I haven't had anyone go triple pumps with the new setups, but I am sure plenty have.

cj428mach

Established Member
I know you Malcolm knows more about this than me, but I can say I'm glad Fore over does it so I don't know have to worry about my harness burning up like the lethal stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread