Fordstrokers 331 liberator Block?

red03terminator

Established Member
I am looking at getting a motor for my mustang. I was looking at a 331 stroker. I plan to add afr 185 heads, custom cam, holley systemax intake, and vortech supercharger with 10 psi. Has anyone used this motor before and will it handle about 450rwhp.

blownfox

Established Member
I went with the 347 shortblock through fordstrokers. Woody is a very nice guy and they have the best customer service around. Woody is very popular on corral's website.

I'm guessing you should be close to 475 on 10psi. My goal was 450rwhp on 7 psi on the 347, but every set up is different. woody sold me on the 347 because I will make more hp at a lower RPM, which will help with the life of the stock shortblock.

However if your going to order through Woody, order it now! There is a long lead time on his engines because he builds per order.

blownfox

Established Member
Thanks!

I order this time last year and received it mid April, I think. There were some parts that were on back order.

Last edited:

red03terminator

Established Member
I am going to wait till january to order it. I want to order some suspension parts and gather all the supporting parts ( heads,fuel mods,disc brakes,supercharger). Can't wait should be a lot of fun.

Users who are viewing this thread