Ford's Marketing Team Is Just Killing It | Insulting Your Customer's Intelligence | Bold Strategy Cotton

quad

Established Member
Except that GM stole that "idea" for a commercial from a real life experience from a Hagerty employee. The Hagerty employee fixed up a 70 Challenger Convertible, in Blue no less. Happened about 5 years ago

GM totally stole this.
It is what GM does. They do not have an original thought in the entire company.
That's a great story! In defense of GM they just condensed and repackaged this storyline and I like the way they presented it. Both good looking cars! There's been quite a few cars that children restored for their parents.

quad

Established Member
Hey @quad. I've seen the X2 and it just doesn't impress me. Too small, and it's underpowered. The X3 is a better choice. Audi does a great job IMO with their SUVs. The Audi Q5 is nicely equipped. Decent power. Nice luxury. I considered it before ultimately choosing my Genesis GV-70.
I agree. The X3 is much more practical. The Q5 is very nice. I filled it up with gas at Costco and the car received quite a few looks. It is in winter storage now and won't see salty roads.

One thing that sucks though is it does not report the tire pressure readings - only a warning light if they are inflated below spec. I asked the salesman and he said German cars apparently don't include that feature which surprised me.

It also does not include wireless CarPlay but I fixed that with a great little wireless USB CarPlay adapter which works very well and is quick. Her Q5 does include a wireless charger in the center console so it is now truly a wireless experience. I highly recommend this adaptor for people that have wireless charging already in the car and looking to also have wireless CarPlay.

You made the right decision to get the GV70. After all it is MotorTrend's SUV of the year. It is a great looking car and the technological features included is incredible. Not to mention the power.

quad

Established Member
I can't believe poor Elon hasn't killed himself having to deal with how stupid the general public is.
He is borderline autistic and has Asperger Syndrome. He's putting that to good use to slay the woke crowd with his wits.

IMG_5095.JPG

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
F FoMoCo

Keep your shit EV. My 7.3 Powerstroke, my wifes Mustang GT and my Nova arent going anywhere. Gas powered Bronco is the last new vehicle we will probably buy for a while, and thats only cause my wife really wants one and she really deserves it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree. The X3 is much more practical. The Q5 is very nice. I filled it up with gas at Costco and the car received quite a few looks. It is in winter storage now and won't see salty roads.

One thing that sucks though is it does not report the tire pressure readings - only a warning light if they are inflated below spec. I asked the salesman and he said German cars apparently don't include that feature which surprised me.

It also does not include wireless CarPlay but I fixed that with a great little wireless USB CarPlay adapter which works very well and is quick. Her Q5 does include a wireless charger in the center console so it is now truly a wireless experience. I highly recommend this adaptor for people that have wireless charging already in the car and looking to also have wireless CarPlay.

You made the right decision to get the GV70. After all it is MotorTrend's SUV of the year. It is a great looking car and the technological features included is incredible. Not to mention the power.
One thing that has impressed me with my GV70 is that is has a few features that aren't found on other SUVs and cars at this price level. And I recently discovered that the entire undercarriage is enclosed so that no road debris can get to the components. My buddy pointed that one out to me when he was doing the ceramic coating.

I remember when I looked at the Q5 that there were a couple of features that I considered "normal" at the price point were not included. One feature that is available on the top Q5 package that I wish I had on my GV70 is the 3-D Sound. They added a few small speakers into the roof area to give you a better surround sound experience. I didn't get to actually try it then because they only had 3 Audi SUVs on the lot and none of them had that package. I can't complain, though, with my sound system. It's the best by far that I've ever experienced in my vehicles and my wife's.

I didn't put my GV70 away for the winter like I used to do with my 2019 G70, mainly because I want it available to me if needed if the snow gets bad, even though my wife's Acura TLX is AWD. That said, so far it hasn't seen rain nor snow yet. It will at some point, but if I can get by using my wife's Acura, that's what I'll do. LOL.

Last edited:

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Buying a new BEV is dumb enough. But buying one used has huge potential to be a complete disaster.

quad

Established Member
One thing that has impressed me with my GV-70 is that is has a few features that aren't found on other SUVs and cars at this price level. And I recently discovered that the entire undercarriage is enclosed so that no road debris can get to the components. My buddy pointed that one out to me when he was doing the ceramic coating.

I remember when I looked at the Q5 that there were a couple of features that I considered "normal" at the price point were not included. One feature that is available on the top Q5 package that I wish I had on my GV-70 is the 3-D Sound. They added a few small speakers into the roof area to give you a better surround sound experience. I didn't get to actually try it then because they only had 3 Audi SUVs on the lot and none of them had that package. I can't complain, though, with my sound system. It's the best by far that I've ever experienced in my vehicles and my wife's.

I didn't put my GV-70 away for the winter like I used to do with my 2019 G-70, mainly because I want it available to me if needed if the snow gets bad, even though my wife's Acura TLX is AWD. That said, so far it hasn't seen rain nor snow yet. It will at some point, but if I can get by using my wife's Acura, that's what I'll do. LOL.
Wow that's cool about the undercarriage and will also help prevent salt from getting in.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention the sound in the Q5 is incredible. It is Bang & Olufsen that's known for high-end audio.

Check out this cool photo of the GV70, or is it GV-70? On the Genesis site it is advertised as GV70. Anyway this photo really highlights the shape of the car and it looks awesome!

Screen-Shot-2021-06-15-at-4.04.41-PM.png

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's actually GV70. That's a great photo illustrating the lines.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
This, and not to mention we dont have the ****ing infrastructure to support an EV conversion at this point in time?
Like uhhhh what?

It also blows my mind that these HUGE companies have people running socials that have NO idea about 'current trends' that are associated.....like how does your social guy not know how to meme correctly?

A. Leftist solution is to break the infrastructure so people demand more government intervention to fix the problems government created.

B. Leftist can't meme

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Yep. Infrastructure, raw materials, manufacturing capabilities at the scale needed and safe/efficient recycling. These are issues that are not solved and no where close. Not even touching all the limitations with EV’s themselves.

This is why we need to pass build back better y'all! What needs to happen is we need new agencies to oversee the transition and setup a centralized planning department to control the roll out!!

After we ban guns we can then repurpose the AFT resources to round up and crush anything that runs off fossil fuels!

*Sarcasm, but you know that's what they thinking*

snakecharmer

Established Member
Ford used to be at or near the top of what I was looking at any time I had the itch for a new ride. Now they are barely a blip on the radar. And it's shit like that meme that just drives me further away. They can take their EV nonsense and stick it up their asses. I don't want an EV, will never buy an EV, and despise the lies that they are good for the environment.

Kiss my ass Ford. My money will never darken your door again.

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
They posted up some more woke stuff after this ad that really pissed people off too. It was a topic that was hit in a way that even pissed off the people it was referring to. Whoever is on the other side of Ford's keyboard needs to knock it the eff off.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Well Alex Flores loves what Ford Marketing did with that EV post. But then again he gargles EV balls in almost all of his YouTube videos now so not a shocker. Guy is a ***.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Buying a new BEV is dumb enough. But buying one used has huge potential to be a complete disaster.

That was hilarious to watch. And it speaks a lot to the future of EVs, and how much they're ultimately going to be hated on average until and when the current range issues with the batteries are resolved. NO EV any time soon for me. No way!

Users who are viewing this thread