Ford's Marketing Team Is Just Killing It | Insulting Your Customer's Intelligence | Bold Strategy Cotton

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I get it, someone in the marketing department that handles Ford's social media (Facebook - Meta) program thought this would be cute. Instead, it's cringey. To me, it looks as if a 56 year old was trying to post like a Zoomer. However, it seems that a lot of people took it as an insult to the intelligence of Ford's customer base. I don't think this is how Lee Iacocca would go about selling EVs to the American public.

If your effectiveness metric is engagement, this may have been a winner. Just don't read the replies, unless you're looking for some entertainment. My personal favorite is the guy with the Gen-2 SVT Lightning:

Ford EV Post.png
Ford EV Post 1.png
Ford EV Post 2.png
Ford EV Post 3.png
Ford EV Post 4.png
Ford EV Post 5.png
Ford EV Post 6.png
Ford EV Post 7.png
Ford EV Post 8.png
Ford EV Post 9.png

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
dumb and dumber harry GIF

if F was still down around $10 a share that would have been enough for me to finally sell it

swing and a miss dipshits, I guess this is what happens when the marketing department over at Dodge has spent the last couple years kicking your testicles up into your throat

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I rarely chime in on FB but i joined in on the fun commenting. In-freaking-sane. I can’t wait until the day wars break out over lithium mining and the left has to eat crow on EVs.
They have a niche market for the people who live in downtown urban environments and I can see it being useful. But for the love of god do not mandate me to buy such a worthless POS of a car.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I rarely chime in on FB but i joined in on the fun commenting. In-freaking-sane. I can’t wait until the day wars break out over lithium mining and the left has to eat crow on EVs.
They have a niche market for the people who live in downtown urban environments and I can see it being useful. But for the love of god do not mandate me to buy such a worthless POS of a car.
Just ask a hybrid owner that was near the swath the tornado took in Kentucky. How are they charging their cars with no electricity.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Just ask a hybrid owner that was near the swath the tornado took in Kentucky. How are they charging their cars with no electricity.

Or the last hurricane that hit lousiana where people were out of power for over a month in certain areas…

Zemedici

Established Member
They can push EV all they want, but the market isn’t calling for it. Its a fake problem with a fake forced solution.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

This, and not to mention we dont have the ****ing infrastructure to support an EV conversion at this point in time?
Like uhhhh what?

It also blows my mind that these HUGE companies have people running socials that have NO idea about 'current trends' that are associated.....like how does your social guy not know how to meme correctly?

Last edited:

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
This, and not to mention we dont have the fucing infrastructure to support an EV conversion at this point in time?
Like uhhhh what?

It also blows my mind that these HUGE companies have people running socials that have NO idea about 'current trends' that are associated.....like how does your social guy not know how to meme correctly?

Yep. Infrastructure, raw materials, manufacturing capabilities at the scale needed and safe/efficient recycling. These are issues that are not solved and no where close. Not even touching all the limitations with EV’s themselves.

So this ends up 2 ways. #1 Either they come back to reality and gas is here for the foreseeable future. #2 It was never intended to replace your gas vehicle with an EV and you are now a permanent user of public transportation and ride sharing. I personally think its #2.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread