Ford's All-Electric Mach E | Drag Strip and Road Tested | How Good Is It?

efurlong

Established Member
So...am I reading this right? When this Mustang is down to 30 miles of available range - it takes 45 minutes of charging time to get the driving range up to 240 miles. Wow! that's awesome! NOT. BTW...it typically takes 5 years of driving an EV for it to be cleaner than an ICE vehicle. Why are we doing this?

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
So...am I reading this right? When this Mustang is down to 30 miles of range available - it takes 45 minutes of charging time to get the driving range up to 240 miles. Wow! that's awesome! NOT. BTW...it typically takes 5 years of driving an EV for it to be cleaner than an ICE vehicle. Why are we doing this?

Only if you have the correct DC-DC charger, otherwise you're going to be waiting a lot longer.

Cracker Barrel should start filling their parking lots with chargers.

robvas

Established Member
As fast as a New Edge on drag radials. Wow.

I'm glad people aren't defending it like they are on the Mustang subreddit...tools

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
What I learned from this video
Sid looks nothing like I pictured him over all these years

To the topic, I'm not sure I could invest in one of these. I think the point stands, 1st time ford buyer would probably be able to look past the mustang tag. I cannot

efurlong

Established Member
I can't - won't wait 45 minutes for 210 miles worth of charge (about a quarter of a tank in my DD). I recently read a report by Damion Ernst a European scientist. He reported in 2019 that an EV does not become cleaner than an ICE vehicle until it travels over 430,000 miles. He was recently pressured to revise / change his findings to 94,000 miles. Don't believe the truth. Let's go Brandon... what a joke.

Last edited:

Fat Boss

Established Member
I can't - won't wait 45 minutes for 210 miles worth of charge (about a quarter of a tank in my DD). I recently read a report by Damion Ernst a European scientist. He reported in 2019 that an EV does not become cleaner than an ICE vehicle until it travels over 430,000 miles. He was recently pressured to revise / change his findings to 94,000 miles. Don't believe the truth. Let's go Brandon... what a joke.

The "break even" point is about 30k miles.

JFC, how many miles a day do you drive? And you don't stop for lunch in those hundreds of miles? They're not for everyone, that's for sure.

Someone pointed out the MME looks like something a wife would drive. Does that mean my MME will be a step up from the Focus EV which is something a teenage girl would drive? :ROFLMAO:

efurlong

Established Member
No way 30k miles...I'll assume that's from a woke / revisionist / CNN / MSNBC or similar report. Please check out Damion Ernst. My 2013 GT500 ( owned since 2014)...has just under 20k miles. It's really clean compared to the vehicle you have on order. Much of your new carbon footprint occurs prior to mile 1. Looks like you'll need a dirty electric lawn mower soon. Your Governor is doing a great job! The people in CA overwhelmingly love him. Good luck. Let's go Brandon!

Fat Boss

Established Member
No way 30k miles...I'll assume that's from a woke / revisionist / CNN / MSNBC or similar report. Please check out Damion Ernst. My 2013 GT500 ( owned since 2014)...has just under 20k miles. It's really clean compared to the vehicle you have on order. Much of your new carbon footprint occurs prior to mile 1. Looks like you'll need a dirty electric lawn mower soon. Your Governor is doing a great job! The people in CA overwhelmingly love him. Good luck. Let's go Brandon!

I don't give two shits about my carbon footprint.

Again, how many miles do you drive every day that 270+ mile range won't cut it?

efurlong

Established Member
My DD is an aluminum F150 with a 36 gallon tank. 820 mile range. Five minute fillup. Very recyclable when the time comes. I do care about the environment. That's why I don't get the whole EV thing.

efurlong

Established Member
Varies...I travel for my job. I could do up to 400 miles. Office days ...less. I fill up once per week.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
Everything Ford has done with this car tells me it was built for first time Ford buyers. They have no hang-ups with it being called a Mustang.
That reinforces my point. Ford is using the name for recognition because while people may not find a real mustang practical, this fake one works out great and they get to say they have mustang. Just whore out the name, lol.

I think it's a good SUV and good EV, but a mustang it's not. Worst part is that I sound like an old man and I hate that. Rabble rabble, new thing makes me mad. Get off my lawn and such...ugh

Fat Boss

Established Member
Varies...I travel for my job. I could do up to 400 miles. Office days ...less. I fill up once per week.

OK. FWIW I am not a fan of driving 300 miles then getting right back in the car five minutes later for another 100. Luckily my use case for my new beater will be 63 miles round trip to work, so zero time standing by the pump for me each week.

Fat Boss

Established Member
It'll be less than 4 years from now that Ford has 400 mile range vehicles. The issue is, and will continue to be range loss during winter for a lot of people.

efurlong

Established Member
That & the hour or so to fill it up. But more importantly - the horrible environmental impact created by EV's. Follow the $$.

Fat Boss

Established Member
They're not as bad as you're portraying them to be, nor are they as good as the greenies would have us believe. The truth, like always, is somewhere in the middle.

My criteria for my next car was whatever the next Ford EV was. It turned out to be the MME. I've never had an SUV or CUV and not thrilled about another 4 door since I am tall and it puts the B pillar too far forward for my liking, but I'll need a vehicle with an HOV sticker to knock 45 mins off my daily commute when I'm forced back to the office. I'd hold out for the EV F150, but I don't need another pickup and my powerstroke with the 6 speed manual is still a great truck.

ArabianOak

Established Member
excellent video, good first effort for ford. my daily is the model y performance which runs high 11's around 115. from my understanding ford didnt put a heat pump in the mach-e so the range is greatly impacted by cold weather. if they can fix that issue among the others it will start to chip away at the tesla market. i like the looks of it though.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
excellent video, good first effort for ford. my daily is the model y performance which runs high 11's around 115. from my understanding ford didnt put a heat pump in the mach-e so the range is greatly impacted by cold weather. if they can fix that issue among the others it will start to chip away at the tesla market. i like the looks of it though.

Correct, it's not a heat pump. I didn't know that when filming.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
My DD is an aluminum F150 with a 36 gallon tank. 820 mile range. Five minute fillup. Very recyclable when the time comes. I do care about the environment. That's why I don't get the whole EV thing.
No it's not... Don't be that guy that says your truck is the only truck on the planet that gets the best mileage ever. I've owned two of them and your number is insane. I now have a powerboost and that number is insane for the PB, too (avg mpg wise). Maybe you drive 60 mph highway everywhere downhill with gale force winds at your back?

For those saying it's slow, it's supposed to be. If you want fast, get the GT.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yep, it's not the GT, so performance is going to be mediocre. I wish this review WAS on the GT. That is a whole nother beast!

Users who are viewing this thread