• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

Ford's 2022 Electric F-150 Lightning | Here's the Scoop

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by SID297, May 19, 2021.

1. Fat Boss

Fat Boss Well-Known Member Established Member

I just can't see getting rid of my crew cab, Powerstroke, 6 Speed Manual, 4x4 for one. If I didn't already have a truck, yeah add it to the fleet. It's nice having gas, diesel, and electric Fords. All my fuel bets are hedged.

2. mustangbee

mustangbee Well-Known Member Established Member

Loving the hate. That thing is badass.

3. nmp1

nmp1 Active Member Established Member

THANK YOU! seems like everyone is giving generic praise to this thing but I think its a travesty. Is this the road we are now taking? Are we going to take the names from enthusiasts models and apply them to mass marketed vehicles? Models that stood out from the standard trims and had a unique presence above the rest. This is now the 2nd time Ford has slapped their true enthusiasts and diehards in the face. Whats next, is Ford gonna make a cookie cutter focus-group designed electric car and call it a "Cobra" because its an established name and say it the fastest cobra we have ever built. Stop being assholes and don't water down the legends.

4. svtfocus2cobra

svtfocus2cobra Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi Established Member

Just realized the Cobra moniker hasn't officially been in use since 2004... uh oh.

ccq8le likes this.
  5. Cobra Therapy

Cobra Therapy Active Member Established Member

You sir are correct. Its a true disgrace what they are doing.

6. mustangbee

mustangbee Well-Known Member Established Member

$40,000 starting price and that's before the federal $7500 rebate. You're looking at a brand new truck for low 30s with 430hp while you drive by the gas pumps.
    Maybe I'm not a fan of using the lightning name but whatever, it's not like it's some slow truck. Even the base extended cab would probably pull the old lightning, while being way more efficient.

7. svtfocus2cobra

svtfocus2cobra Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi Established Member

*563hp

8. supercharged91m

supercharged91m Local 46 Established Member

The front end kills it for me srry

9. My94GT

My94GT Well-Known Member Established Member

I’m good with it. Really I wanted to not like it but aside from all the “targeted” goals it sounds great for my day to day local use of a truck. I’ll likely wait till it’s out but I could see myself dumping my ram for one.

I wish they integrated that screen into the dash more seamlessly like the one in my ram but I can look past that for the versatility and ability to skip having to spend any time at a gas station during the week. Use the wife’s suv for travel and it’s win win

10. 72MachOne99GT

72MachOne99GT Well-Known Member Established Member

Won’t likely ever own one.
    Hate the use of Lightning.

Having said that, I think it hits the target for what Ford wants. Plenty of gadgetry that can leak down the line to gas powered models, tons of functionality (particularly for many people who may not traditionally be truck buyers) and I think they’ll look even better in person than the photos, which aren’t half bad now.

svtfocus2cobra likes this.
  11. 04sleeper

04sleeper Runs On "Liquid Gold" Staff Member Super Moderator

Looks like the EV world is ahead of the infrastructure for how to do it for the masses. If they can ever figure out charge time to take the same as filling up with a tank of gas, and similar range to gas, they will have something. Until then it's more for the Tech Geek or people that want the "Latest Cool Gadget". Not very practical for real use if you want to make any long trips.

If it can't even get me out of Texas, I am not interested.

4sdvenom, JaCobro and 351stang like this.
  12. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member Single Barrel Sirs

Reading all of the slaps this Lightning is getting, I can only imagine the outrage when Ford announces an electric Mustang GT, electric GT-500 and an electric Bronco.
    upload_2021-5-20_7-33-36.png

13. IronSnake

IronSnake Beers for the boys Established Member

This is the first iteration. I see a lot of tech I'd like to have as standard across any engine/EV version. I like the interior and exterior design as well.

It has a lot of promise. Just needs to live up to its range and prove its durability.

14. 7998

7998 Don't Care Established Member Malt Liquor Mafia

Did I miss it, whats the range? I read most connected, apple, android, Ford Pass at least 300 times in that article but nothing on the range. I like it if it had at least 500+ miles of range.
    I think it's sharp looking and the frunk is a bit weird but but better solution than a tonneau cover or tool box.

15. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

300 miles with the larger battery, I think 230 miles on the standard pack.

I think it looks decent.

This. I'd be interested in a stripped down reg cab 8 foot bed model for around town use. I have long thought about picking up an old Ranger EV, but this makes much more sense.

I actually like the smoothed out front on red rendering.

16. Great Asp

Great Asp Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

I am thinking about getting one as a shop truck.

We often need a spare vehicle around here for this or that, might be great for that.

E

17. DSG2003Mach1

DSG2003Mach1 Premium Member Premium Member Established Member Single Barrel Sirs

as mentioned 230 or 300 mile options but it charges slow as shit. It's fine around town but a on a trip it's shit, like the Mach E it's limited to 150kw. Tesla can charge @ 300 so its an 18 minute charge vs 41 minutes (tesla's battery is also gonna be slightly smaller helping the charge time)

18. 7998

7998 Don't Care Established Member Malt Liquor Mafia

Yeah 300 miles wouldn't work for me. And that's 300 "claimed" miles which probably translates to 220 miles with some hills or a chilly NE day. I guess I could stick a gas generator in the bed or maybe they can make a tonneau cover that's a solar panel, or I could just keep my ICE engine with my 36 gal tank and not worry.

Breitling and Black 2000 like this.
  19. nmp1

nmp1 Active Member Established Member

not many people buy starting price trims. the big question that no one has hinted at is the real world range. For the people that just wanna use it to commute or run errands this thing will be fine. but I don't see to many people that really use their trucks for towing/hauling buying one. The range with drop dramatically when you throw a heavy trailer with the aero of a brick behind it. I honestly wont be surprised if that unloaded 300 mile range drops to 100 with a loaded trailer on a hot day with 4 people running the a/c.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  20. SilverStreak02

SilverStreak02 Active Member Established Member

Don’t jinx it!! Lol

svtfocus2cobra likes this.