• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Ford & The Ford Foundation

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by 7998, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Kornilov

Kornilov Active Member Established Member

Guys, this is why we lose.

Can you imagine a corporate entity (or even a parallel entity sharing a lineage or the same name) ANY corporate entity publicly stating support for a conservative institution? Can you imagine if Ford came out with a website or public statement saying it supports the 2nd Amendment or that it believes life is sacred or that communism is the greatest evil created by Man? The Left in this country would mobilize and the corporate leadership would be MADE to capitulate.

Instead Ford and its satellite entities feel bold enough to suck BLM **** without the slightest fear of repercussion. Ford MoCo prize staple is the F series line - thats what generates the bulk of its new vehicle sales revenue. Do you think the typical purchaser of an F-series product is as BLM supporter or someone that would be revolted by the Ford Foundation stance? I guaranty the bulk of Ford's F-series sales dollars come from pockets who would be fundamentally opposed to the Ford Foundations actions.

Ford doesnt fear us, they dont care, they know that we wont do shit and they will still continue to generate revenue because of attitudes like 13Cobras.

Until we find a way to make the corporate whores fears us, until we find a way to hurt them financially, they will keep shitting on us and laughing at us.

2. 13COBRA

13COBRA Resident Ford Dealer Premium Member Established Member

Everyone has the right to form their own opinions.

me32 likes this.
  3. Kornilov

Lol.

Sure.

You do realize people have been losing their jobs for saying simply 'All lives matter'? You can spout all kinds of leftist approved drivel with zero consequence but saying something as neutral as All Lives Matter and you are done.

4. 13COBRA

Do you realize that people touting BLM and being caught performing the violent acts have lost their jobs as well?

That's a problem with those individual businesses.

me32 likes this.
  5. Kornilov

So you're equating the mere voicing of a totally reasonable opinion as the equivalent of destructive, felonious acts?

6. VenomVeins

VenomVeins Well-Known Member Established Member

So which it?

Nuck has assured us that Ford Motor Company and Ford Foundation ARE NOT the same entity.

Except Ford giving multitudes of shares to the Ford foundation. And a literal member of the Ford family on thier board.

Just leave them alone, ok guys! The Cuck-E and Bronco are on the way, so lets forget about this!

For what? Im not into kicking puppies and this thread was just fine for setting you straight until my posts were deleted.

If you feel the need to be utterly embarrassed, start one in SD-but you’re bringing a knife to a gunfight, and you know it.

7. 13COBRA

Absolutely not. Nowhere did I say that nor imply that.

You're grasping at straws.

They aren't the same entity. That's fact. Not sure how you could argue that?

Ford GAVE shares to the foundation nearly 100 years ago, to prevent the Ford family from having to sell shares to pay estate taxes.

Never said leave them alone, nor have I mentioned the Bronco or the Mach-E, so hope it didn't hurt pulling that out of your ass.

Well, it's against the rules to personally insult outside of SD...so since you insulted me multiple times....you should've stayed within the rules and started a thread in SD.

Being utterly embarrassed? HAHAHAHAHA

me32 likes this.
  8. Crimson2v

Crimson2v Well-Known Member Established Member

I see the opposite here. As a matter of fact the school system here has an office of equitable resources that is bringing this BLM crap into our schools trying to indoctrinate the kids.

9. 13COBRA

That is incredibly frightening and wrong.

me32 and Crimson2v like this.
  10. Crimson2v

Yes it is and teachers are being targeted and fired for speaking out against this. It is open season for conservatives no matter what color skin you are.

11. T56LS102

T56LS102 Active Member Established Member

This is a tuff one... I get the frustration as I am very frustrated at the hypocrisy that me being a blue eyed, 6'3 heterosexual white male can not say "all lives matter" if I did that in public, especially being in Los Angeles county I would be destroyed... With that being said I own new Ford products, Nike and shop on Amazon, I feel it would be better that these large company's just stayed out of politics, you know, like if has been done for the last 100 or so years!

12. 13COBRA

That's maddening. I wouldn't subject my children to that.

Crimson2v likes this.
  13. Crimson2v

That’s exactly right the corporations should stay neutral to politics. It’s frustrating seeing all this money given to BLM organization when my wife and I have tried for years to get corporations to donate to The Preeclampsia Foundation with no luck. The majority of the women who suffer from this disease is black women.

merc lover and 13COBRA like this.
  14. 13COBRA

The root thought of a donation, is giving something without expecting/wanting something in return.

BUT, in todays world, a lot of donations aren't like that at all. The Preeclampsia Foundation has very little public image (I've never heard of it until now), while the BLM is big right now and they can expect some positive press from it.

I fall burden to this as well, as I refuse to sponsor or donate money to local organizations that don't give me an opportunity to earn their business. You don't have to use my services, but I would like the opportunity to earn your business.

15. nickf2005

nickf2005 Well-Known Member Established Member

The problem with BLM is that it walks a fine line between a political issue and a social issue, and even human rights depending on one's perspective and definition.

One could argue that a corporation supporting BLM, LGBTQ, etc. is no different than supporting American Cancer Society. Again, it it depends on perspective. At the crux, it's all about emotions and people tend to not approach it in a logical manner built around facts.

I also think the biggest problem is that BLM takes on a lot of different faces, and there's not one central message or mission statement that shows what they are truly about. I know some who support the idea of BLM in a positive manner, but then you see idiots tearing down cities in the name of BLM, and yelling to get rid of police. The "movement" needs to define itself and denounce the ridiculousness we tend to see. Wishful thinking and we all know/agree it won't happen.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

merc lover likes this.
  16. snakecharmer

snakecharmer Well-Known Member Established Member

This is troubling if accurate. While Ford and the foundation may be separate, if the Ford family is helping to fund the foundation, then yes in my view money spent with Ford is ending up there, if indirectly.

At the very least Ford, the car and truck company, need to distance itself from that and make it very clear that they fully support police and law enforcement. Otherwise I would hope police departments would start throwing the business to GM and Chrysler.

17. Crimson2v

merc lover likes this.
  18. 13COBRA

19. T56LS102

T56LS102 Active Member Established Member

merc lover and Crimson2v like this.
  20. svtfocus2cobra

svtfocus2cobra Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi Established Member

Is this supposed to be new news? Every single major corporation is funneling donations into any and every cause that is in the spotlight right now and they have been for decades, and very few, if any have been causes that support conservative movement. I remember Ford making a big deal about donations to LGBTQ causes back in the early 2000s when I was in high school, and as a Ford enthusiast then that bothered me. You can try to mitigate your purchases but have fun trying to navigate using any major service or supplier these days because they are all far leftist supporters, and their money often buys them more than just recognition. I just don't think this is the hill to die on even though if every Conservative stopped spending their money in these places it would have a major impact for sure, but it just isn't going to happen because no one is going to deal with that inconvenience and these companies still offer the products people are interested in.

At this point we're all just playing until the end game. We aren't going to stop anything or change anything, but some day something major will happen again that will impact us all and that is what you want to be preparing for. Who knows what that will be though.

merc lover likes this.