Ford Taurus SHO - one badass car - first tests

WVUAnt

Lets Go!!.....
Established Member
Should have been put in the fusion, hope that motor responds to mods as good as the twin turbo 6 from bmw.

The 3.5liter with Ecoboost will not physically fit in the Fusion.

The 3.5 EB without any restrictions to protect the AWD will be a beast. The F series and Mustang will be in for a treat.

Last edited:

nugen

Established Member
Can't wait for the tuners to start working this thing!
For reference, the B5 Audi S4 (2.7 Twin Turbo V6) with stock turbos and bolt ons will make 318hp (depending on the tuner). If you upgrade the turbos you're coming up on 500hp. The Taurus has got almost another liter of displacement.

The tuning potential depends on the turbos and internals, but I know I'm excited!

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
The 3.5liter with Ecoboost will not physically fit in the Fusion.

The 3.5 EB without any restrictions to protect the AWD will be a beast. The F series and Mustang will be in for a treat.

The only way the ecoboost motor will make it's way into a Mustang is if it's in the Mustang GT. It costs way more to produce than what's currently offered in the base 6.

I don't see that happening considering Ford just produced the 5.0L 400hp Coyote motor. Unless they offer 3 different Mustang variants, which is doubtful in this economy.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Can't wait for the tuners to start working this thing!
For reference, the B5 Audi S4 (2.7 Twin Turbo V6) with stock turbos and bolt ons will make 318hp (depending on the tuner). If you upgrade the turbos you're coming up on 500hp. The Taurus has got almost another liter of displacement.

The tuning potential depends on the turbos and internals, but I know I'm excited!

The internals are not forged, except the crank, but that doesn't mean it's a weak engine by any means. Chevy does just fine with cast internals, so why not Ford.

Another question would be is how strong is the tranny and AWD system?

Users who are viewing this thread