Ford Sync/MFT indexing capabilities

B-O-B'03

Established Member
Is there a limit to the number of songs this thing will keep track of?

I bought a 500G laptop/USB drive, for the wife's F150/W MFT and have been ripping my 900+ CD collection to it (sloowly).

The latest update to the drive is 340 albums (yay... 33%), 3980 songs, 284 hours worth of music.

I have not taken the drive back out to the truck yet, there is still 15 minutes left to the data copy.

Soo, I was wondering if the sync system will be able to handle that much music on a disk and is there a limit?

What says the collective?

Thanks,

-Brian

B-O-B'03

Established Member
I took the disk out to the truck, plugged it in and the system started playing music immediately... after several minutes of "indexing" and "building commands" it said there were 3960 songs (20 less than I think, but cool).

I had it on random play and skipped through several tracks, looks like it is happy.

I will rip a couple hundred more CDs and load them on there and see how it handles them.

Who knows, maybe it will handle all of my CD collection and the wife will never miss Sirius/XM. :coolman:

-Brian

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
I have about 1000 songs on my flash drive and the Sync seems ok with it, not as many as yours but getting there.

Users who are viewing this thread