Ford shakes up management after giving a dreadful outlook

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol wut?

The tranny (‘sup bruce jenner) is literally what makes a sled move forward.

Shit is a joke.

Ford ****ing blows. I never thought i’d utter those words.
The Fiesta ST is a great car, but the 6 speed DCT in the Normal Fiestas and all Focus (outside the RS and ST) likely doomed these two platforms. Ecosport doesn’t appear to be a good competitor against small foreign SUVs, which is sad.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Quick question....Edge at $40k and 29mpg or fusion at $25k and 34mpg?

I'll take a 2020 Accord with a manual trans instead. The Ford Sedan Plan is stupid. Poor decision making is obviously something they're perfecting lately. Every other manufacturer is grateful for the additional market share and opportunity to maintain loyal buyers through this cycle.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
As I mentioned, look at Q4 sales(Oct, Nov, Dec) for the Model 3 and compare it to 2018 from 2019. The sales are down. Tesla isn't exactly the best example of how a car company should be ran and it is managed poorly on the production level.

Exactly my point you just proved. A poorly managed car company still had record breaking sales in 2019. That alone proves that cars sale. Most people that own or rent houses tend to have at least 2 vehicles. 1 which is normally a everyday car the other a truck or SUV.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I'll take a 2020 Accord with a manual trans instead. The Ford Sedan Plan is stupid. Poor decision making is obviously something they're perfecting lately. Every other manufacturer is grateful for the additional market share and opportunity to maintain loyal buyers through this cycle.

What kills me , is i want to stay brand loyal. But for the future ill either end up buying a used fusion or mkz when they arent made anymore or possibly go have to look at another brand.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Toyota makes up a very small fraction of the ultra high margin full-size trucks and SUV segment, yet somehow made a $23 billion dollar profit (roughly 10X GM/Ford/FCA) last year. Must be magic.

They (along with most of all the other foreign makes) are probably laughing their asses of watching the domestic manufacturer's bail out of cars.

Bensin

Established Member
That is a good point. Why are Toyota making Tundra? CNBC should make an video about that. They are all over Youtube in 15 min videos. Ford not building cars hurt the european tuners and owners of tuned Ford cars. Mountune needed that California shop for development of parts. Not easy making profit on parts in heavy regulated Europe only for Focus Mk4. Every one lose. EcoSport and Kuga/Escape cant replace Fiesta and Focus.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Toyota makes up a very small fraction of the ultra high margin full-size trucks and SUV segment, yet somehow made a $23 billion dollar profit (roughly 10X GM/Ford/FCA) last year. Must be magic.

They (along with most of all the other foreign makes) are probably laughing their asses of watching the domestic manufacturer's bail out of cars.
Exactly. Honda $5.5 billion....

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
That is a good point. Why are Toyota making Tundra? CNBC should make an video about that. They are all over Youtube in 15 min videos. Ford not building cars hurt the european tuners and owners of tuned Ford cars. Mountune needed that California shop for development of parts. Not easy making profit on parts in heavy regulated Europe only for Focus Mk4. Every one lose. EcoSport and Kuga/Escape cant replace Fiesta and Focus.
Im afraid that until Jim Hackett and Jim Farley are OUT of the executive pool at FoMoCo, rational decisions like producing fun cars with reliable technology IN ADDITION TO CUVs's, SUV's and trucks wont be made.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Im afraid that until Jim Hackett and Jim Farley are OUT of the executive pool at FoMoCo, rational decisions like producing fun cars with reliable technology IN ADDITION TO CUVs's, SUV's and trucks wont be made.

Problem is they dont have an Alan Mulally to bail them out this time. If we have another 2005 crash ford might go under this time or bought out.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Problem is they dont have an Alan Mulally to bail them out this time. If we have another 2005 crash ford might go under this time or bought out.
Just as a mental excersize, who do you think you would buy what if Ford failed and was sold in bankrupcy court?

Id laugh heartily if Toyota Motor Corp bought F-Series. bwhahahaha

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Just as a mental excersize, who do you think you would buy what if Ford failed and was sold in bankrupcy court?

Id laugh heartily if Toyota Motor Corp bought F-Series. bwhahahaha

If it became pennies on the dollar im sure some company like Tesla. Since they already invested in the tech it would be an easy migration. Having a solid platform F150 F150 would do wonders in there portfolio. Would be a sad day for Any true blue Ford fan.

Users who are viewing this thread