Ford shakes up management after giving a dreadful outlook

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I disagree. Cars still sell. Just because one model does not sell half million units is no reason to can it. Does the mustang even sell 100k anymore?
A4/6 bmw 3/4/5/6/7/8 Merc c/e accord civic Carolla camary Charger etc....
yes ford needed to pull back but to have 2 fwd 2 rwd sedans to round off their lineup would help with brand recognition and revenue.

Not everyone wants a SUV, CUV, Truck, or sports car. My wife wanted a small four door car. Had to buy a civic because the focus was a turd, and Ford doesn't make anything now.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I disagree. Cars still sell. Just because one model does not sell half million units is no reason to can it. Does the mustang even sell 100k anymore?
A4/6 bmw 3/4/5/6/7/8 Merc c/e accord civic Carolla camary Charger etc....
yes ford needed to pull back but to have 2 fwd 2 rwd sedans to round off their lineup would help with brand recognition and revenue.
It is a dying car segment. Just because it is profitable now, doesn't mean it will be profitable in the future. Hence why sedans are a prosperity profit.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
It is a dying car segment. Just because it is profitable now, doesn't mean it will be profitable in the future. Hence why sedans are a prosperity profit.
There will always be a car market with current ice and e vehicles. I wonder why they did not can the mustang too?
Why should I have to pay $50k for a decent size suv when I can get the same int space from a car at $25/30k?

Lol wut?

The tranny (‘sup bruce jenner) is literally what makes a sled move forward.

Shit is a joke.

Ford ****ing blows. I never thought i’d utter those words.
How so?

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
There will always be a car market with current ice and e vehicles. I wonder why they did not can the mustang too?
Why should I have to pay $50k for a decent size suv when I can get the same int space from a car at $25/30k?

How so?
The entire midsize and compact sedan segment dropped significantly last year. Look at the sales numbers. Why invest in a dying segment when the money can be put elsewhere and be more profitable?

2019 US Midsize Car Sales Figures

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The entire midsize and compact sedan segment dropped significantly last year. Look at the sales numbers. Why invest in a dying segment when the money can be put elsewhere and be more profitable?

Sales were down by 5% last year but still sold about 3.2 million units. This does not include mb bmw Audi sales. With those I’ll speculate 4 million unit sales given up on.

It’s a mistake. Huge mistake if oil goes up.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Sales were down by 5% last year but still sold about 3.2 million units. This does not include mb bmw Audi sales. With those I’ll speculate 4 million unit sales given up on.

It’s a mistake. Huge mistake if oil goes up.
Luxury cars are not included on that list.

I think you are missing the point. The entire sucompact/compact/ midsize car segment is down and it is projected to continue to decline. It is not a mistake if gas prices go up because the CUVs being offered get similar or better fuel economy. Automakers are simply not investing in sedans and you can see this by the number of new product launches.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Small hatchback cars like the Focus and Fiesta would have sold exceptionally well had Ford not LITERALLY ****ed it up as much as could possibly have been ****ed with that stupid DCT.

Its a broken record about the Fo and Fi but its true. They would LITERALLY have probably saved money to date by engineering a small 6 speed planetary based automatic to install into the cars as a safety recall.

Not everyone wants a CUV, but without a doubt a hatchback makes a car much more versatile than a sedan. FoST and FiST proved small hatchbacks can be very sporty, very quick and get great MPG. Sounds like a recipe for a fun DD to me.

People that buy coupes like Mustang, Corvette, Challenger arent looking for versatility. They serve a purpose and thats impractical speed and driving pleasure.

VenomVeins

Established Member
Small hatchback cars like the Focus and Fiesta would have sold exceptionally well had Ford not LITERALLY ****ed it up as much as could possibly have been ****ed with that stupid DCT.

Its a broken record about the Fo and Fi but its true. They would LITERALLY have probably saved money to date by engineering a small 6 speed planetary based automatic to install into the cars as a safety recall.

Not everyone wants a CUV, but without a doubt a hatchback makes a car much more versatile than a sedan. FoST and FiST proved small hatchbacks can be very sporty, very quick and get great MPG. Sounds like a recipe for a fun DD to me.

People that buy coupes like Mustang, Corvette, Challenger arent looking for versatility. They serve a purpose and thats impractical speed and driving pleasure.
This.

Ford stock has now hit a 10 year low and dipped into the high $6 range.

That is without thier ‘1 billion dollar loss this year’ coming home to roost.

But hey, they gave Jim Farley a 2 million dollar bonus to turn it around, so theres that.

Idiots.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

Question if that segment was dying why did Tesla sell so many CARS last year?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Luxury cars are not included on that list.

I think you are missing the point. The entire sucompact/compact/ midsize car segment is down and it is projected to continue to decline. It is not a mistake if gas prices go up because the CUVs being offered get similar or better fuel economy. Automakers are simply not investing in sedans and you can see this by the number of new product launches.
I’m not missing anything. About 4 million cars were sold in the states last year. Even if it only $500 profit per car that’s still $2 billion market ford is throwing away.
I understand that suv have more want and profit, but ford and every manufacturer should have 2 or 3 car choices. And no suv are not more efficient, they weigh more and have way less aero.

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Tesla: vehicle deliveries by quarter 2019 | Statista

Tesla dominated in 2019 compared to 2018. Once again who says cars dont sell. Ford, Chevy, Chrysler are basically giving away the market to anyone who wants it.

Those vehicle delivery figures in that link includes their entire lineup. The Model 3 and S(the sedans) are down in sales when you compare Q4 2018 with Q4 2019. The S saw a significant drop in sales.

GCBC
GCBC

But again, this is moot because these are sales numbers for luxury sedans and don't compete in the same segment as Ford's sedans.

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I’m not missing anything. About 4 million cars were sold in the states last year. Even if it only $500 profit per car that’s still $2 billion market ford is throwing away.
I understand the build will be suv, but ford and every manufacturer should have 2 or 3 car choices. And now suv are not more efficient, they weigh more and have way less aero.

Why should Ford invest in low-margin or money losing sedans when they can use that money instead for much higher margin products....

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Those vehicle delivery figures in that link includes their entire lineup. The Model 3 and S(the sedans) are down in sales when you compare Q4 2018 with Q4 2019. The S saw a significant drop in sales.

GCBC
GCBC

But again, this is moot because these are sales numbers for luxury sedans and don't compete in the same segment as Ford's sedans.

Actually you didn't even read your own info. 2019 the the model 3 crushed the 2018 numbers.

The only one you were correct about was the model S. But once again Tesla car sales were through the roof in 2019. Cars sell, people are buying them. Manufacturers who build cars will make money. Manufacturers who dont like ford are losing big time.

This thread wouldn't be here if it wasnt true.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Actually you didn't even read your own info. 2019 the the model 3 crushed the 2018 numbers.

The only one you were correct about was the model S. But once again Tesla car sales were through the roof om 2019. Cars sell, people are buying them. Manufacturers who build cars will make money. Manufacturers who dont like ford are losing big time.

Quick question....Edge at $40k and 29mpg or fusion at $25k and 34mpg?

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member

The only one you were correct about was the model S. But once again Tesla car sales were through the roof om 2019. Cars sell, people are buying them. Manufacturers who build cars will make money. Manufacturers who dont like ford are losing big time.

As I mentioned, look at Q4 sales(Oct, Nov, Dec) for the Model 3 and compare it to 2018 from 2019. The sales are down. Tesla isn't exactly the best example of how a car company should be ran and it is managed poorly on the production level.

Users who are viewing this thread