Ford ruining yet another name... LIGHTNING is back

My94GT

Established Member
While I’m not excited for the continual displacement of ICE vehicles I oddly see no problem with the name being used if it’s staying on a truck. I mean it almost seems fitting.

that said I’d love to see Ford and others do what Benz is doing with the next round of the GT63 sedan for example where it’ll still have the TT v8 but also have a hybrid power set up looking to make big power but also meet the fuel economy requirements

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Meanwhile at FCA...

Want a big muscle car? How about we call it the Challenger? Is it true to form? You tell me. We literally just copied the 70s one and rounded off some edges. And it still has a big V8. Not only that, but we put a ****ing supercharger on it. Now it makes more than twice the power it used to. Not enough for you? How about a Charger? Same powerplant. Doesn't look like the old one, and we added an extra set of doors. Why? Because **** you. Now you can run 10's taking your family to church. Or a bunch of whores. We're FCA, we don't give a shit. See you in hell! That's why we call it the Hellcat. Got a problem with it? Go buy some pansy ass car you plug into a wall, but you'll have to unplug your vibrator first.
Okay? You are comparing a niche vehicle to a mass market vehicle. The Mach E will outsell it. The Challenger has its days numbered anyhow. It is on an outdated chassis designed when DaimlerChrysler existed.

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
The Challenger has its days numbered anyhow. It is on an outdated chassis designed when DaimlerChrysler existed.

How many years has this been said? And how many cars have they kept selling?
$$$$$$$

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
While I’m not excited for the continual displacement of ICE vehicles I oddly see no problem with the name being used if it’s staying on a truck. I mean it almost seems fitting.

that said I’d love to see Ford and others do what Benz is doing with the next round of the GT63 sedan for example where it’ll still have the TT v8 but also have a hybrid power set up looking to make big power but also meet the fuel economy requirements

the more think about it the more I agree, it's just frustrating when they're already putting a predator package in the Raptor. They could have 2 predator F150s out there - street and offroad. Make it a 2 year run then bring the electric version for a gen 4.

Users who are viewing this thread