Ford Reveals New Maverick Tremor Off-Road Package for 2023

andymarkv

Established Member
I totally understand the hate...but from all the Subaru outback wilderness's and Tahoe Z71's running around our area...this is the look people want to buy.

Although I'm just as guilty...I ALWAYS put a mild level/lift and meaty tires on our AWD vehicles...even though the most offroading they do is wet grass...

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
When I saw the picture of the dude trying to close the tailgate with the tiny dirt bike in the back I thought no way its going to close. Then there was the picture of it rolling with the bike and the tailgate open lol.

Reminds me of the Autoshow when Honda had its truck on display with a 4 wheeler in the box. Under closer inspection the 4 wheeler was a power wheels. lol. Sometimes it's nice to pretend I guess.

andymarkv

Established Member
Yeeeeeess! Rubber floors, crank windows, manual trans and 4x4.

Would bang!
Like this....? Looks like only Thailand and South Africa are going to get it...
Ranger regular cab.JPG

This article says it will come 4x4, 2.0T diesel, MT6 & under $20K USD...in Thailand.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Looks like they adapted some Bronco Sport drivetrain and suspension parts to the Maverick. I hate the Tremor name as this should honestly just be how the FX4 (hate that name too really) comes. But, for many people this would be better to kick around in for a camping, etc. than a Subaru or about any small or mid-size SUV. It should sell well if you can find one. I would like to drive a Maverick as my wife might like one better than her CX5 as the interior space is similar, but we cannot find one anywhere locally.

BTW, I hate hate hate how manufacturers are putting one spoke in color on black wheels.

Cousin "It"

Established Member
I should hate it, but I want it. I have a quarter million mile '03 GMT800 single cab Silverado 4x4 to do real truck stuff with. This would be a perfect little modern runabout that could do a little bit of everything for cheap. Honestly, as a guy in my 20s, even as an engineer, I won't be buying a nice half ton until I'm 50 anyways the way things are going. Curious if GM will offer mini truck competition?

XP900

Established Member
I ordered a Maverick but will probably never see it. I just want a cheap truck (not that cheap with the Lariat pkg etc) that gets good mileage with some room inside and light towing. The 4K is fine but would be great at 5K! I noticed that the Tremor showed 2K towing max...not that I would get one. If that is true that kinda screws you for any real towing capability. 2K towing is really inadequate for even 2 jetskis on a good trailer with gear.

andymarkv

Established Member
I ordered a Maverick but will probably never see it. I just want a cheap truck (not that cheap with the Lariat pkg etc) that gets good mileage with some room inside and light towing. The 4K is fine but would be great at 5K! I noticed that the Tremor showed 2K towing max...not that I would get one. If that is true that kinda screws you for any real towing capability. 2K towing is really inadequate for even 2 jetskis on a good trailer with gear.
I'm not sure why the towing capacity dropped so much for the Tremor version....? It seems like the very mild changes it received wouldn't effect the tow rating.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not sure why the towing capacity dropped so much for the Tremor version....? It seems like the very mild changes it received wouldn't effect the tow rating.
Im guessing shock and spring changes which preclude any increased payload/towing capacity. Same goes with the Raptor and its uber-baja suspension. It barely can tow more than a Ranger while a tow package F150 can go north of 10,000lbs.

GM has the same thing with the ZR2 Colorado. Its tow capacity is stuck at 5000lbs while the Z71 Colorado with the 2.8L Duramax was good to 7700lbs. GM even admitted it was due to the shocks and springs out back on the ZR2.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Looks like they adapted some Bronco Sport drivetrain and suspension parts to the Maverick. I hate the Tremor name as this should honestly just be how the FX4 (hate that name too really) comes. But, for many people this would be better to kick around in for a camping, etc. than a Subaru or about any small or mid-size SUV. It should sell well if you can find one. I would like to drive a Maverick as my wife might like one better than her CX5 as the interior space is similar, but we cannot find one anywhere locally.

BTW, I hate hate hate how manufacturers are putting one spoke in color on black wheels.

I was wondering if anyone noticed that they basically raided the Bronco Sport parts bin. It makes sense since that are on the same platform and built on the same line.

Users who are viewing this thread