Ford raptor, crew cab vs super cab

snakedoctor

Established Member
I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on a new raptor, but having a hard time deciding on a crew cab vs a super cab. What are the pros and cons. I for one think the super cab looks better but do they have different towing capacities? Is the crew cab worth the extra money? I have 3 kids so I was wondering how much room is actually in the super cab. I've never owned a truck before.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
There's a TON of rear space room in a Crew Cab verses the Extended Cab. If your kids are small, the Extended Cab probably had enough room for them; but if you plan on having it a while and using it to transport them through their teenage years I would definitely advise the Crew Cab. The current-generation F-150 Crew Cabs have enormous amounts of space in the back, they are very comfy.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Definitely go to the Crew if you have kids, regardless of their size. It gets you a little more GVWR if towing is a concern too.

FX4ALL

Established Member
Unless you're getting one on the lot, I think you're out of luck. I'm pretty sure the final order date has already past.

I got the SCab because it looks ALOT better then a Screw IMHO and is easier to maneuver around / park.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I've thought about trading my 04 cummins cc for a supercrew. We put the car seat in my buddies 12 king ranch and it cleared behind the seats, in my dodge it has to go in the middle. I'm 6'3 and comfortable in the back seat. I grew up in a 86 supercab ford with jump seats with my bro. I would say go crew cab all the way.

zsommer79

Established Member
If people will be getting in and out of the rear a lot you are going to want the Screw. Letting people out of the rear of a Scab is a pain especially in crowded parking lots. I have had both and think the Scab is a little more fun to drive but not worth the loss of convenience.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I started off with a crew cab, and when my son turned 2 it was just to much of a pita to get him in and out at parking lots with the little side doors.
It was hard because I prefer the looks of the S CAB. Now that I have a crew cab, its a huge difference. I should have went with the S CREW from the get go.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Doesn't the super crew have a bigger gas tank? I thought i remembered reading that when the super crew came out, it had a bigger gas tank.

GTtoSVT

Established Member
Yes the crew cab has a 36 gallon tank vs. the scab 26 gallon. SCAB looks much better but with 3 kids a crew cab would be a better choice.

Either way they are both amazing!

Brian

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I have a SCAB and 2 boys ride in the back seat just fine (5 and 3 yrs old). The only trouble is opening the door in garage when parked next to my wife's car can be challenging. However, I much prefer the looks of the SCAB and didn't want a full 4 door as it wouldn't have fit in our garage.

Users who are viewing this thread