Ford Racing tuner on a 2011 GT follow up

ghostrider7953

Established Member
Thanks to Terrebonne Ford -Houma , LA.- John Jaccouso and Russsel L installed the K&N filter and tuner.

The K&N was a simple drop in and we capped off the sound tube with a cap from JTL intake. It was nice to hear the true sound of the Corsa xtreme and X pipe.
The tune process took about 15minutes to download the stock tune and reload the Ford tune.

The 5.0 now has better shifting manners - the tires really barked thru 1st with a nice bark thru 2nd. The car shifted @ 7100 rpm inlieu of the stock 6800. The throttle response was better. The downshifts were more immediate and a bit harder.

More tq/ power thru the lower RPMs;pulled harder thru 1st and 2nd- overall power was ok.

I'm sure there are more aggressive tuners / tunes but for my DD company car
this does the trick.

The $379.00 parts and install was worth it; plus it was dealer installed keeping my warrenty in tact.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Did you receive the kit, provide FRPP with the PCM#, receive the calibration and ProCal tuner in the mail (as with earlier ProCal applications)?

Tob

ghostrider7953

Established Member
Terrebonne Ford gave Ford the #'s - Ford sent the kit, but it was originally for a manual, Ford then sent a replacement card with the correct program. Pull out original stick and insert the new 1.

YELL03

Established Member
Thanks to Terrebonne Ford -Houma , LA.- John Jaccouso and Russsel L installed the K&N filter and tuner.

The K&N was a simple drop in and we capped off the sound tube with a cap from JTL intake. It was nice to hear the true sound of the Corsa xtreme and X pipe.
The tune process took about 15minutes to download the stock tune and reload the Ford tune.

The 5.0 now has better shifting manners - the tires really barked thru 1st with a nice bark thru 2nd. The car shifted @ 7100 rpm inlieu of the stock 6800. The throttle response was better. The downshifts were more immediate and a bit harder.

More tq/ power thru the lower RPMs;pulled harder thru 1st and 2nd- overall power was ok.

I'm sure there are more aggressive tuners / tunes but for my DD company car
this does the trick.

The $379.00 parts and install was worth it; plus it was dealer installed keeping my warrenty in tact.

I already have a SCT tuner from my last car, but this is definitely peaking my curiosity.

You don't have any plans to do a before and after dyno do you?

Do they post advertised gains for the Procal and K&N filter?

I like the keeping the warranty aspect, throw in a nice axleback and this might be the way to go until I do a Roushcharger:burnout:

Found the info...

FORD RACING K&N AIR FILTER WITH PROCAL TUNER GT 2011
Part Number: M9603MGTB
Ford Racing K&N Air Filter with ProCal Tuner for 2011 Mustang GTs.

This K&N air filter with Ford Racing ProCal tuner will give your 2011 Mustang GT an approximate increase of 16 hp/7 lb-ft and up to 60 lb-ft @ 1500 rpm on 93 octane fuel. Works with automatic or manual transmission. Eliminates "skip-shift" on manual transmission applications.

Includes:
-Ford Racing ProCal tool with performance calibration for significantly improved throttle response and performance feel
-High flow K&N/Ford Racing air filter M-9601-MGT

*Requires premium fuel (91 octane or higher).
*Due to multiple powertrain calibrations, online registration is required to receive ProCal calibration delivery tool after purchase.
*Ford Racing does not ship ProCal tools directly overseas.
*Powertrain calibrations are developed & supported for U.S. and Canadian vehicles only.
*All Ford Racing Power Upgrade Packages are 50 state emissions legal and eligible for limited warranty when installed by a Ford or Lincoln-Mercury Dealer

However, this Limited Warranty worries me....

A 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty is applicable if installed at the time of new vehicle delivery
A 12 month / 12,000 mile warranty is in effect if installed after the date of vehicle delivery but prior to expiration of 3 years / 36,000 mile vehicle warranty

Last edited:

kyoshosp2

Established Member
haha u must be the guy John was talking to in my car the other day.. i called him the other day to tell him the auto tune was available lol.. custom tunes do make a difference ..

ghostrider7953

Established Member
yea Matt- that was me; I told John about you posted up.

I did an initial dyno @ Southern Hotrod and came in @ 350 rwhp. We turned off advance trac via push twice and off it goes - put it in 3rd and pressed the button on the side of the shifter off.
Back to the tuner ....I can't measure the power per say but it's driving manners have changed to the good - not radical but noticable.

Users who are viewing this thread