Ford racing fl-820 oil filter

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
I was about to order some oil and oil filters to service my motor and noticed that ford racing has a new oil filter out. has anyone had any experience with these new filters? And they will work with the 03-04 Cobras right? I did some searching and see that the gt500 crowd use them but I couldn't find any info on useing them on the 03-04's.
Part # is CM-6731-FL820 thanks

Last edited:

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
Okay my next question is I want to switch to 5w30 amsoil motor oil and they have several different types of the same oil weight what would be best for me my car its twin turbo also.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Do not use Ford Racing filter over the Amsoil EaO11. That would be a mistake. As Sid posted, if the Ford Racing filter was Nano-Fiber (synthetic glass), it would be worthy of the price tag.

Amsoil 0W-30 AZO - use this if your car is driven in northern states where it gets very cold many months of the year.

Amsoil ATM 10W-30 - use this if your car is southern driven, rarely used in temps below 32*F.

Amsoil RD30 Dominator - Use this for high powered E85 turbo monsters. Change this oil every 6 months or 5,000 miles....whichever occur first.

Why 10W-30? - read this to understand why I recommend 10W-30, not 5W-30

Amsoil EaO11 oil filter - 98.7% efficiency @ 20 microns, yet still flow better than a Motorcraft FL-820 (only 93% efficiency @ 20 microns).

Make your T56 transmission shift like butter.

Amsoil Synthetic ATF - 3.6 quart fill (buy one gallon)

Bottle Hand Pump - fits quarts and gallons (makes refilling the transmission and rear differential very easy)

For your rear differential

Amsoil 75W-140 - 2 quart fill

Friction modifier is required in the factory differential. Use 2 to 4 ounces, depending on the amount required to eliminate chattering while turning sharply.

Amsoil Slip Lock - 1 bottle required

and never pay retail price for it. Preferred Customers buy Amsoil products at wholesale (25% off retail)

Preferred Customer

Let me know if you have any questions.

Troy

Last edited:

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
Thanks for answering all my questions unleashed beast ordered everything lastnight got a email today telling me it will be delivered tomorrow. Awesome! Can't beat 1 day $10 shipping and got 25% off.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Good deal. Troy is absolutely right. Amsoil's filter is better than the FRPP one, and since you were buying from them anyway picking it up was a no-brainer.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I was told that paper filters tend to filter out better than the syn filters?

That's impossible. Which one do you think filters better?

Cellulose vs. Nano Fiber
cellulose_nano.jpg

comparisson_dia%5B1%5D.jpg

Last edited:

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
I changed my oil once a year in my Mach 1. Don't run the car that much. Can I use this amsoil filter with Mobil 1 full synthetic? I'm currently using an 820s. I thought it was a good filter.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I changed my oil once a year in my Mach 1. Don't run the car that much. Can I use this amsoil filter with Mobil 1 full synthetic? I'm currently using an 820s. I thought it was a good filter.
I don't think anyone said the FRPP filers aren't good, only that Amsoil filters are BETTER. You can run any oil, including Mobil 1, with Amsoil filters. Once again, however, several of us will tell you Amsoil oil is probably a better choice. I'll leave leave it to UB to explain the technical reasons/details (e.g., base stock, shearing, NOACK, etc)...

cheeser

Established Member
Purolator’s PureONE Oil Filter seems to have very good reviews at a good price...rated at 99.9% efficiency at 20 microns.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It's the same media type manufactured for Amsoil and Royal Purple, with a similar price tag.

Yep, but it has the engine side by-pass valve (I believe) and the gripy textured coating. That would be pretty much all the features I've been wanting in a premium filter (that aren't already out there).

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Yep, but it has the engine side by-pass valve (I believe) and the gripy textured coating. That would be pretty much all the features I've been wanting in a premium filter (that aren't already out there).

Unfortunately, like Amsoil and Royal Purple, the bypass valve is on the dome end. It's not at the base plate like Motorcraft. However, the texture is nice for ease of install and removal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread