Ford racing 80 lb injectors ??

Juiced 66

Established Member
I was quoted around $400 for a set I these, but after some searching I haven't been able to find them anywhere.. Is anybody running these ???

Juiced 66

Established Member
I was going to use a local tuner in Houston to get it running and then get Jim from JDM to tune it right for me. I will prob by the id 1000's but I was wondering if these were any good.

5PTSLO

WFO Racing!!
Established Member
I had them and BBR nor anyone else could tune them. I bought 75's and had my local tuner yune my car and it is spot on!

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I have tuned multiple cars on 80# injectors. All ran like stock.

What makes these any harder to tune on the newer 5.0's?

gimpy2011

Established Member
I have 80s in my car right now and it idles just like stock but it took a LOT of tuning to get it that way. Save yourself the headache and get some better injectors.

Juiced 66

Established Member
Thats the reason I was looking into them.. A grand is a lot to drop on injectors, but I dont really want to buy them and regret it and then spend even more money on 1000's.

04Cobra85

Established Member
Thats the reason I was looking into them.. A grand is a lot to drop on injectors, but I dont really want to buy them and regret it and then spend even more money on 1000's.

I run 80s in my 04 cobra and runs just fine and i tuned it. Ford racing actually give you a calibration sheet for them and if your useing sct there is a value for them also.

StangSupremacy

Established Member
Where are you getting tuned at? Wally over at Auto Adrenaline tuned mine with the 80s and the car idles and drives great

stang8psi

Established Member
What about the SD60's or are the sd80'd better for FI? I too don't want to spend 900+ on injectors

KalEl370

Established Member
If you plan on more power down the road, I would get the ID1000s, easy to tune and I believe are good up to 1000hp.

stang8psi

Established Member
If you plan on more power down the road, I would get the ID1000s, easy to tune and I believe are good up to 1000hp.

I think like stated in a few threads that it's overkill!!! even if building a block and putting more boost to the blower/turbo most of us are not going to be at 1000hp!! There are cheaper injectors that will get most of us after built to a 700+ hp range, so I see no reason to spend the $1000 on injectors if I never fully anticipate going to 1000rwhp!! I think the 60-75-80lb injectors will all work for most peoples power levels and goals!!!

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I think like stated in a few threads that it's overkill!!! even if building a block and putting more boost to the blower/turbo most of us are not going to be at 1000hp!! There are cheaper injectors that will get most of us after built to a 700+ hp range, so I see no reason to spend the $1000 on injectors if I never fully anticipate going to 1000rwhp!! I think the 60-75-80lb injectors will all work for most peoples power levels and goals!!!

The injectors can be tuned down a lot and still retain perfect driveability.

It's not just about the total amount of horsepower they will support.

stang8psi

Established Member
The injectors can be tuned down a lot and still retain perfect driveability.

It's not just about the total amount of horsepower they will support.

If this is the case and you will never see the power they advertise than why spend the extra $600 dollars for injectors when there are options out there that will be justa as good, and have been for years!

I am not knocking the ID's I just think people are relizing that there is no need to get such a big injector and spend that kind of money on them when there power goals are not going to be 750-1000rwhp! I mean the 47 and a boost a pump are plenty for 620 or so rwhp and that is the injector most kits come with! so if building the motor and going to up boost some, I am sure the 60's and the 75's and 80's will be able to handle the job and saving tons of money!

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
80's in my 04 Lightning too. It took a long time to get all the issues tuned out of them. After all the dyno time it would of been cheaper to spend $1000 on a set of injectors that were easy to tune.

Users who are viewing this thread