Ford Price Gouge

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
This is almost unbelievable. Maybe I am missing something???

From a different site....

For base owners that wish to add the carbon fiber (Carbon Revolutions) wheels found on the CFTP car, note this is not a simple bolt-up swap. The hubs on the CF wheels are thicker than the aluminum wheels on the base cars and therefore the CFTP cars have longer wheel studs. To successfully do this swap, you’ll need to either swap out your base spindles/hubs for the CFTP versions or “plan B” would be to press out your shorter studs and use the longer CFTP studs. I shared this info with Ken from Palm Beach Dyno... he acquired some CF wheels for his base car. He tracked down the CFTP wheel studs (pictured below), but he couldn’t find enough in stock to do the swap. He ended up buying longer ARP studs and then cutting them to size and was able to successfully mount his CF wheels on his base car. He sent me these pics though in case someone wants the OEM studs found on the CFTP car. He said the longer studs were the “B” studs, which he believes are for the front.
7d55d7c6-a589-4ec5-bdd9-3ddca1147965-jpeg.jpg

c54c50fd-723e-403d-bfaf-f5b29fbab828-jpeg.jpg

8a18c314-fb57-42ef-8a32-015c8b861bb5-jpeg.jpg

$665 for 20 wheel studs!?!?!

What am I missing here?????

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
That's in line with all the big boys. I priced an all plastic parking brake handle for a new Holland. $146 2 &1/2 inch t handle with no cert. Ford is now a design obsolescence company. F the customer down the road. Learn people or pay down the road

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
People that can afford wheels that are 5k+ probably don’t give a shit

parts on new cars are always through the damned roof for a while. The pos terminal on my truck corroded from a bad battery - I was told the only way to get the part was a $600 harness! Thankfully I could get the same terminal from an explorer for $15

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
The cost on those studs are like 50 cents each if that. There is no way this price is fair or accurate
The honest truth is that its priced like that to protect the Ford Performance brand integrity. If you need repairs on a car you own with the carbon fiber track pack, the price you see here is chump change. Or covered by insurance so its not out of pocket.

Chevy did that with the Z/28 specific parts to keep non Z/28 owners from up branding their non Z/28s.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
I was truly wondering where this thread was going as I was reading........... until I saw that receipt! That's totally ludicrous.

-

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Yea I also have to believe they’re doing this purposely so not every joe shmo is changing their base cars into a cftp

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Tasca parts has the B's for $25 and the C's for $42. Same price.

100x mark up. Seems legit.

Don't dismiss the fact that Ford makes $20K profit on every pick up truck they sell.

Squeezed out with help from the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Thanks Professor.

I guess I will continue to take my business elsewhere until Ford manages to remove their heads from their asses.

$665 for wheels studs! How do you defend this with capitalism?!?

Economies of scale. A lot of the prices are high because the supply is so low. Also, I am pretty sure Ford's prices are based on their inventory levels. It can fluctuate. I know this when I bought my OEM GT350 spoiler.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
The honest truth is that its priced like that to protect the Ford Performance brand integrity. If you need repairs on a car you own with the carbon fiber track pack, the price you see here is chump change. Or covered by insurance so its not out of pocket.

Chevy did that with the Z/28 specific parts to keep non Z/28 owners from up branding their non Z/28s.

Maybe this would make sense for a unique part but wheel studs? There is no way this price is correct. Must be $25 and $42 for rear and front set and ford has them priced individually. This must be an error.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Wow and I bitched at the price tag on my 3inch grade 8 ARP wheel studs from 15 years ago lol

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
That's how the parts system works. Tier 1 supplier makes a part for a reasonable price. Big OEM sources it and puts their part number and name on it. There's a huge markup there. Then their distribution/service network buys it from the main company. Another markup. The distribution/service network sells it to the dealership. Another markup. Dealership to customer. Another markup. Everybody takes a cut at every level so they can show a big profit on their balance sheet without actually providing any value. The only time they even contemplate reducing price is when they know there's someone that will undercut them.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
$665 for wheel studs is boarderline criminal. I hope someone at Ford sees this and corrects it. A big heads up for people buying this “Shelby”. If they want $665 for wheel studs what do they want for a replacement blower? $80,000?

Last edited:

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
There's a pandemic, race riots, murder hornets and God knows what else going on but what really grinds OP's gears is the price of a set of a wheel studs he'll never have to buy

I think you meant to post your snowflake comment in the political section. We get it, you are triggered.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
lmao, says the guy going on a tirade about fords unfair pricing policy on wheel studs
Well I didn't see anyone bitching about wheel studs in the political forum so why are you bringing up political things here?

I'm glad that you get to decide what he should care about just because it doesn't align with your world views.

Users who are viewing this thread