Ford Performance vs. DSS Aluminum Driveshaft?

2014gtcs

Established Member
Somewhere I remember reading or on Youtube, the DDS driveshafts are balanced at 8000 rpm. Don't know about the Ford unit.
Does Spicer make the Ford driveshaft?

2014gtcs

Established Member
Was hoping more would chime in on DS selection. Ford Performance, MMR, DSS, Dana Spicer, Dynotech, some have a boot the DDS unit doesn't, all claim to be the best, etc. Does Dana Spicer make the Ford Performance unit? Dynotech claims to be the best, 80 years of balancing experience and currently builds driveshafts for IHRA, NHRA, Nascar, and Busch racing series vehicles. Which of these balance their shafts at high rpm?

Last edited:

96gt02

Established Member
I have heard far more issues with DSS shafts however their design with the CV is ideal for lowered vehicles, Ive had both DSS aluminum and carbon fiber shafts that never had issues as well as a FRPP shaft on my GT500 now without issue

BH Tuner

Tuner in process
Established Member
i was thinking the same few days ago, i'm still debating wither i go for a DSS or Ford performance, price wise the Ford performance shaft is very tempting and i've heard many good things from people.

DSS is more expensive, yet well known and my only concern is that many people complained about receiving their Driveshafts unbalanced right

GrabberBlue5.0

Established Member
You can put me in the category of having an unbalanced driveshaft from DSS. Something was going on with it because I had it rebuilt twice (free of charge both times, so they definitely knew they were at fault) before I finally just got rid of it and went back to stock. The aluminum driveshafts are great but I was so off put after that I just went back to stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread