Established Member
Premium Member
B1AB1B0A-66BE-425F-919D-331751ECE440.jpeg
96D53E54-3DB1-4C0C-9097-0B3D726DB109.jpeg
0E40C0CA-7098-4100-AD1C-EE7D215A20FE.jpeg
2FA8AB9F-4F6C-4E4D-B2F8-8123A3CCC06B.jpeg
D51CAD04-FAE1-4B9A-A060-AD79493D799F.jpeg
DC0A920D-4341-461B-8FA6-EF78C8751177.jpeg
Huge thank you to Ford Performance and Team Shelby! Also Autobahn Country Club in Joliet IL.
I was invited as someone who has bought at least one Ford Performance vehicle since 2012 and has raced/participated in events where Ford Performance has a presence. I’m really glad I saw the invite email pop up on a rare lunch break back in early June. Top shelf event and if you ever have the chance, GO!
Anyone else here that was at the event today?
I’m still flying high from WOT blasts and hot laps in a few CFTP GT500s.
I’ll let the pics do the talking.
-J

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Are those all Ford supplied GT500s?

I would imagine people weren’t bringing their own cars for this event. That’s a decent chunk of change out there between cars and wheel/tire swaps.

If I remember correctly, the GT350 events were really short. As in just a couple laps. Was that the cSe here?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Love to see those GT-500s! Congrats on participating in such a great event.

Kel

Established Member
Sounds like you had a lot of fun. As someone who's experienced both the '14 and now '20 GT 500's, can you give us your impression (both stock/mildly modified on the '14) all around? TIA.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Glad to share the pics from an awesome day.
Yes, Ford supplied all the cars.
I would have LOVED to throw one of the Recaro seats and a pallet of CF wheels in the back of my truck! :)
I hope these cars and parts aren’t crushed when they’re done with these events.
Sounds like you had a lot of fun. As someone who's experienced both the '14 and now '20 GT 500's, can you give us your impression (both stock/mildly modified on the '14) all around? TIA.
So, this is a great question as I also bought my ‘14 GT500 new.
I think the best way to describe it is big stroke/torque 5.8, true manual, solid axel vs high rev/lower torque 5.2, DCT and IRS.
The S550 chassis is more refined and much smoother with better handling by virtue of IRS/Magneride, better brakes and higher weight.
It’s street/strip vs street/track.
I was very impressed with the DCT on a quick street drive last month, using both manual and auto modes, but absolutely astonished by the shifting in the Track mode, allowing me to focus on braking, turning instead of shifting.
My wife and kids will likely the new GT500 more and I think I’ll drive it much more, while the ‘14 will be more fun and stress relief by the raw nature, manual trans and huge power.
I only intend on minor bolt ons on the ‘21, just like I did with my ‘04, while the ‘14 was bought intending to build the best street/strip manual Mustang I could.
Key I would definitely recommend driving a GT350 and GT500 if you have to decide on selling the 5.8 car.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t totally disagree, I thought the Mach looked great in person.
Definitely more my taste than say the Bullitt, but the 350 is definitely a looker too.
They had an Icon silver, stripe delete, black roof 350R roll thru and that might be the best looking stock S550 bar none.
-J

My94GT

Established Member
I don’t totally disagree, I thought the Mach looked great in person.
Definitely more my taste than say the Bullitt, but the 350 is definitely a looker too.
They had an Icon silver, stripe delete, black roof 350R roll thru and that might be the best looking stock S550 bar none.
-J
I’ve only seen photos of that color set up but if I were looking for one that would be it. Plus a set of turbos

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I got a plug in for you buddy :)
How’s that TT Yote coming?
If they announce the GT500 will continue in ‘22 there’s a good chance I’ll pass on the ‘21 allocation and use the funds to finish the turbo Coyote LX.
-J

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I got a plug in for you buddy :)
How’s that TT Yote coming?
If they announce the GT500 will continue in ‘22 there’s a good chance I’ll pass on the ‘21 allocation and use the funds to finish the turbo Coyote LX.
-J

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang. As much as i love the s550 chassis vs. 1970s technology, a turbo coyote fox would be nuts!

My car is moving along slowly. Ive lost motivation! Ugh. I have everything to assemble the motor other than a few odds and ends (misc gaskets, nuts/bolts, etc) although im still torn on running a new set of heads vs. having the shop go through mine. Summit has new gen 3 heads for ~650 each which is a mighty bargian imo.. i may grab a set.

IDK.. i need to get off my ass and get with it. My 12 year old is starting to give me a hard time about it too.. he wants to take it out to the drag strip.

Users who are viewing this thread