Ford Just Suspended New Bronco Orders | Supplier Issues

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I think we could all see this one coming.

Bronco_Aftermarket_018.jpg

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
No surprise, they have back logged people that reserved on the 1st day.

Its interesting that the American manufacturers plants seem to be having a big issue. But the Mexico manufacturing plant seems to be having no issues. Minus the chip issue all manufacturers claim to have.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
No surprise, they have back logged people that reserved on the 1st day.

Its interesting that the American manufacturers plants seem to be having a big issue. But the Mexico manufacturing plant seems to be having no issues. Minus the chip issue all manufacturers claim to have.
But what’s being built in the us vs Mexico? Seriously… I’ve got no idea what’s being built where for the most part.

if the bigger volume stuff is being built in the us it makes sense. Also the bronco top supplier screwing the pooch isn’t helping matters

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
But what’s being built in the us vs Mexico? Seriously… I’ve got no idea what’s being built where for the most part.

if the bigger volume stuff is being built in the us it makes sense. Also the bronco top supplier screwing the pooch isn’t helping matters
Mexico is building mach E, bronco sport, and ofcourse tail end of the fusion and mkz.

Us has many more plants, but quality control has been a massive issue lately. Im normally pro US made, but that also comes with people needed to keep up with US quality and expectations. Also seems Canada plants seem to be able to push vehicles out with less delays.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I'm glad I bought my 2021 Hellcat when I did, could be 2024 before inventory normalizes if the majors don't decide limited dealer inventory is more profitable.

q6543

Established Member
It's on webasto... hearing they lost the contract for roofs.

Meeting tomorrow maybe hear more.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I was under the impression they stopped the reservations sometime last week. And now if you want to order you must do it through your dealer like every other vehicle.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I heard it was a poor design to begin with, poor engineering fit by Ford. Webasto jeep roofs are fine. Same manufacturing, different template. webasto was the fall guy.

Can't lay all the blame on the supplier. Ford willingly chose to do business with them, and the buck ultimately stops with them. Based on Ford's recent issues with major new product launches lately, they need to look in the mirror before pointing fingers.

Own the misstake and go above and beyond in making up for it with the customer. You look weak and pathetic deflecting the blame.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Can't lay all the blame on the supplier. Ford willingly chose to do business with them, and the buck ultimately stops with them. Based on Ford's recent issues with major new product launches lately, they need to look in the mirror before pointing fingers.

Own the misstake and go above and beyond in making up for it with the customer. You look weak and pathetic deflecting the blame.
I am stating it is completely Ford’s fault! I agree Ford look awful and weak in saying it was the supplier.
Ford had 4+ years to get the roof correct before intro. What the hell we’re they doing?

Webasto makes 100k+ tops a year for Jeep with no issue, the tops are made from the same material with the same processes. There’s no way this is not 100% Ford’s fault!

I still think Ford wanted a way out in order to get their most highly anticipated vehicle to dealers ahead of those who have been waiting 15 months now. It was a complete mistake for Ford to come out and say that every reservation would be built before dealer get lot cars.

Now to wait for the Bronco I ordered in the wrong color(as they are cancelling the color I want) or just order a Rubicon?
If the 2 dr Rubicon came with the stick and new 4.88 gearing…..

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
I got sick of waiting and got a Cherokee Trailhawk instead. Getting ready to retire and just wanted the Bronco to tow behind the motorhome.

q6543

Established Member
I still haven't heard any timetable for a solution.
I agree the bronco launch has been beyond F'd by Ford.
They really squandered the opportunity to remake a face for the brand. Being such a public debacle makes it even worse somehow.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Saw my first Bronco in person today. Well, the side and rear end.
Pretty awesome looking. I just need a bigger engine than the 2.slow. LOL Are there any engine options or are they all the 4 cylinder engines?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I still haven't heard any timetable for a solution.
I agree the bronco launch has been beyond F'd by Ford.
They really squandered the opportunity to remake a face for the brand. Being such a public debacle makes it even worse somehow.
No doubt there’s a guy that ordered a Bronco and a 992 GT3(which a dealer told me is sold out for over 5 years).

This Bronco was going to bring buyers to Ford that never wanted a a new Ford in their lifetime. Keyword, “was”!!!

Users who are viewing this thread