Ford Just Posted this 2020 GT500 picture...

stangfreak

Established Member
when I go get my hair cut, I read a car magazine while I wait. when they list the cars and models, pricing, etc, it does say GT500 750hp and 7 speed. I am pretty sure it said that and I saw it a few times. I could be wrong or misread it.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
when I go get my hair cut, I read a car magazine while I wait. when they list the cars and models, pricing, etc, it does say GT500 750hp and 7 speed. I am pretty sure it said that and I saw it a few times. I could be wrong or misread it.
lol, whenever I read your posts you sound like an older guy like in his mid 50s. But i know youre closer to my age (34). I would just keep your terminator and get another one to enjoy. then maybe 20 years later sell the terminator when the low mile ones are worth $$$.

BladeX10

Established Member
Its going to be sad if after all this waiting and blue balling, The car comes out and gets blasted by the ZL1 1LE thats been on the market for 2 years now.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
If this thing is $80 grand, they will see them just sitting on the car lots collecting dust. I know I'd be out....too many other options at that price point.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
If this thing is $80 grand, they will see them just sitting on the car lots collecting dust. I know I'd be out....too many other options at that price point.
Maybe,.......but, I don't think so.
If people were paying over 80K for a GT350R, I'm sure they'll pay more for the new GT500.

blk02edge

Established Member
Considering the 350R didnt sit on lots for like 3 years at that price id disagree
Its going to be sad if after all this waiting and blue balling, The car comes out and gets blasted by the ZL1 1LE thats been on the market for 2 years now.
Well then lets just hope there is an R model that is built as agressive as the Z1le. Pretty hard to top that if its not on solid mounts and stiff AF

MG0h3

Established Member
I think itll beat the ZL1. If you go back to that article posted above they got an update from Ford and it will be over 700hp. With the aero bits I think that's their target.

Khan

BANNED STOCK BRAKE PADS GURU
Established Member
Apparently it will be equipped with a 7-speed DSG transmission. But even with that Terminators do offer a greater drivers experience.

blk02edge

Established Member
I think itll beat the ZL1. If you go back to that article posted above they got an update from Ford and it will be over 700hp. With the aero bits I think that's their target.
I guarantee itll beat the zL1 but to beat the 1le around track itll need more than just more hp

edit: not zr1 lol

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
I guarantee itll beat the zr1 but to beat the 1le around track itll need more than just more hp

I agree. I may be imagining this but the general sense I've gotten is that they put more track in this car than others. Seems some of the pictures showed some new aero bits not normally on there.
9/10 youtube videos we see will be freeway roll racing anyways lol.

Time will tell!

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

On Ford's first teaser video, the animated one, they already confirmed 700+hp so that is old news. The question is if it will be bottom 700s or upper, hopefully they're going upper 700s.

Apparently it will be equipped with a 7-speed DSG transmission. But even with that Terminators do offer a greater drivers experience.

How would you know a Terminator would offer a better driver's experience since no one has driven the new GT500 yet? The GT350 is a better drivers experience than the Cobra so why would you even assume the GT500 would be any worse? I dont think Ford is in the business of going backwards so I think it is safe to assume it will offer plenty more than the Cobra did.

I guarantee itll beat the zr1 but to beat the 1le around track itll need more than just more hp

You really think it will top a ZR1? Or did you mean ZL1?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
A GT500 that isn't an R version won’t move as well as a 350R. Unless they have something big planned. Hope they do and keep the price in reason.

blk02edge

Established Member
On Ford's first teaser video, the animated one, they already confirmed 700+hp so that is old news. The question is if it will be bottom 700s or upper, hopefully they're going upper 700s.

How would you know a Terminator would offer a better driver's experience since no one has driven the new GT500 yet? The GT350 is a better drivers experience than the Cobra so why would you even assume the GT500 would be any worse? I dont think Ford is in the business of going backwards so I think it is safe to assume it will offer plenty more than the Cobra did.

definite typo lol, zero chance at zr1

mustang_00

Established Member
I realize that stating it will have 700+ hp before releasing any numbers is the norm to keep people guessing/interested. but, it's vague enough to make me think it will be on the very low end of 700... my guess is in the 720's and that's being generous.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I figure that for horsepower numbers which people are getting when they slap a supercharger on a GT350, Ford will be in that ballpark for the GT500. If Ford uses the CPC, what else has to change to support the supercharger besides stouter rods and pistons? My guess at power is 725. Why, because it was the hull number of one of the submarines on which I served. How’s that for retard logic.

Khan

BANNED STOCK BRAKE PADS GURU
Established Member

Because one actually exists and the other....let's just say the greatest bench racer since 2015 virtually....

BladeX10

Established Member
I realize that stating it will have 700+ hp before releasing any numbers is the norm to keep people guessing/interested. but, it's vague enough to make me think it will be on the very low end of 700... my guess is in the 720's and that's being generous.

It honestly wouldnt surprise me if it had like 685-700 HP. People are forgetting this is suppose to be a ZL1 competitor. Not a Demon/Hellcat competitor. I see alot of people guessing 750+ and i feel like its going to lead to alot of disappointed people when its revealed.

Users who are viewing this thread