Ford Just Posted this 2020 GT500 picture...

08mojo

Established Member
They need to hurry up and release it. I leased the current car thinking the new G500 would have been out for a year or two. I know I cannot afford one new + ADM, so I'll let those early buyers take the hit. Once the newness wears off, I hope to pick one up for a "reasonable" price.

Although, after some of the renders and 'teaser' pics, it is going to need some stellar performance numbers to make up for the boy racer look. If not, it looks like I'll be back in a Z06.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
They need to hurry up and release it. I leased the current car thinking the new G500 would have been out for a year or two. I know I cannot afford one new + ADM, so I'll let those early buyers take the hit. Once the newness wears off, I hope to pick one up for a "reasonable" price.

Although, after some of the renders and 'teaser' pics, it is going to need some stellar performance numbers to make up for the boy racer look. If not, it looks like I'll be back in a Z06.

Just dragging this from the other thread

The car is the highest horsepower car Ford has ever produced, is the fastest Mustang ever produced (in a straight line and on a road course - by far), and has a gigantic ****ing blower sitting on a high-rpm V8.

Settle down.

snakedoctor

Established Member
They’ve taken so long releasing this car that I have just about lost interest. I’m starting to lean torwards a new ZO6. This thing is going to have to be phenomenal to sway me back.

Coiled03

Established Member

And yet, we still don't know how it will fare compared to its direct competitors. Hell, we can't even bench race because Ford hasn't released the specs.

Just face it. Ford has dropped the ball on this release.....BAD!

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
We don’t know if Ford dropped the ball on the release until the car is available.

If it sells like every Ford produced Shelby that has been available, then no, I don’t think extreme demand and selling several thousands is a dropped ball.

Having said that, have they bummed out a lot of enthusiasts, kept everyone scratching their blue balls, and not ignited a raging fire in the online car community? Sure.

Coiled03

Established Member
We don’t know if Ford dropped the ball on the release until the car is available.

If it sells like every Ford produced Shelby that has been available, then no, I don’t think extreme demand and selling several thousands is a dropped ball.

That's the vehicle. The release is how long it takes, how they promote it, the info they provide, etc..

Obviously, we don't know yet how the vehicle itself will perform, on the road, or the showroom. That's the whole point.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
And yet, we still don't know how it will fare compared to its direct competitors. Hell, we can't even bench race because Ford hasn't released the specs.

Just face it. Ford has dropped the ball on this release.....BAD!

Wait, what happened to the TT 5.0?

Wait a couple weeks and then you can tell us what happened to the 10 speed auto too.

Dropped the ball. :rolleyes: I'm unlikely to buy this car but it's an absolute mother****er compared to anything "competitive."

Captain Crunch

Established Member
I would assume they are making their focus to have a comparable or better quarter-mile time then the hellcat. If they stay focused on that regardless of any of the other specs of the car it will be a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Captain Crunch

Established Member
Of course and less the price is to out of reach for The average previous 500 owners

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Find the quote where he also said a 13/14 GT500 would run 10's stock.

We know he's connected but he's not alway right.
Yeah but he has been right a lot over the years.

I don't know why everyone acts like the sky is falling before the car is even debuted. If it comes out, only has 651hp on 275s, then we can probably start to lose our shit.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I have no problem admitting my 2011 was my car splurge. I wont be in the running for this new GT500, regardless of the performance.

That said, there is no doubt Ford dropped the ball by engineering the GT350 BEFORE a GT500. This should have been in development along with the S550 chassis. A 2017 release would have been acceptable (10 anniversary of the S197 GT500). A 2020 release is too long from the S550 launch.

I like the GT350 a lot, but it should have been second.

Also, Ford needs to fire their Performance marketing director. Mopar pushed their shit all the way in.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
That's the vehicle. The release is how long it takes, how they promote it, the info they provide, etc..

Obviously, we don't know yet how the vehicle itself will perform, on the road, or the showroom. That's the whole point.

I disagree, but that’s what forums are for.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Yeah but he has been right a lot over the years.

I don't know why everyone acts like the sky is falling before the car is even debuted. If it comes out, only has 651hp on 275s, then we can probably start to lose our shit.

Isn't it a great time we are living in where it can be said we would be very disappointed in a car if it only produced 651 HP, ha.

fearthesnake

Established Member
They’ve taken so long releasing this car that I have just about lost interest. I’m starting to lean torwards a new ZO6. This thing is going to have to be phenomenal to sway me back.
Same here, won't buy another Ford for a looonnggg time. At the same time Jeep/Dodge keeps kicking ass with the newest release for the 2020 Jeep Gladiator.

Users who are viewing this thread