Ford Just Posted this 2020 GT500 picture...

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not even seeing a TB or where one could be unless I'm blind. It almost looks like the 3.0l on the 18 and up cars where the IC is on top if I remember correctly. There was an article on here about it a while back. Maybe its a rear feed?

Correct. That large water fitting in the top left is for the IC.

Throttle body should be on the front bottom right.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
And an even longer wait... Better be good after all the wait. Wonder if it will feature the 2015 style from theGT350, or if ford will pony up the money to update the looks?

Coiled03

Established Member
*yawn*

let me know when they have one in production sheet metal at an auto show or something. Until then, I literally couldn't care less about this car. If it's not capable of reversing the Earth's rotation, it will be a complete let down.

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
*yawn*

let me know when they have one in production sheet metal at an auto show or something. until then, I literally couldn't care less about this car. if it's not capable of reversing the Earth's rotation, it will be a complete let down.
I was thinking they should put a wing on these and launch them into space. If this thing isnt fast enough to get us to mars in a week, then Ford failed.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
If the claimed reports prove to be true and this thing weighs in at a portly 42-43XX lbs, I'll be sorely disappointed. Not to mention, another year long wait...yawn

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
If the claimed reports prove to be true and this thing weighs in at a portly 42-43XX lbs, I'll be sorely disappointed. Not to mention, another year long wait...yawn
Damn, now you're saying 4300?
No way. Max 4000# and I'm still confident they are still in the 3s with weight.
This is why I wish Ford would've released specs by now. Maybe even some fun with it like SRT/Dodge marketing campaign.
DCT and some other surprises are my bet.
Thankfully keeping '15-17 lights but definitely need the '18+ interior.
Looks like I'll be going back to NAIAS and a Red Wings game again. Maybe a few of the Ford guys at PRI next weekend will get lippy:)
-J

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Looking back at the Easter eggs Ford planted several months ago with the digital dash display, the one hinting at 772hp/743tq, I'm curious about the dash displaying 7th gear but the RPMs are sat ~3200. Seems high so there must be a few more gears to row through if even slightly representative. There are paddles displayed on the dash as well as the "PRNDS" modes so its some sort of auto, or so it seems. Also hope its not 4300#.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
This is why I wish Ford would've released specs by now. Maybe even some fun with it like SRT/Dodge marketing campaign.
Looks like I'll be going back to NAIAS and a Red Wings game again. Maybe a few of the Ford guys at PRI next weekend will get lippy:)
-J

I don’t see it staying below 4000. No chance.

There is a shit ton more “stuff” baked into the s550 platform vs the s197.

I just started tearing down my 18 this week for the TT install and there is literally shit everywhere. Insulation, extra bracing, endless wiring and sensors for every GD thing. Mountains of plastic clips. Plastic clip hysteria actually. It’s crazy. I should post some pics.

All that said, the 500 will have EVEN MORE of the crap I speak of.

Kind of miss my s197 cars! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

nickf2005

Established Member
I follow Billy Johnson, a Ford Performance racer, on IG. He just posted the same picture with some added comments.

If you're on IG you should follow him. Some cool FP content and a lot of the FGT.
Screenshot_20181129-061207_Instagram.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
-J

I'm not hearing much good about FPRP's showing at PRI.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
I'll bet my balls this car will have seven-speed dual-clutch transmission from the Ford Gt

Users who are viewing this thread