"FORD Job quality #1...NOT

03yellow

Established Member
I asked the Ford Dealership to replace my pilot bearing because my clutch was still squealing. They had replaced my TOB previously and did not cure the problem. They said it was my aftermarket clutch and the pilot bearing would not help. I asked them to humor me and stated that I had talked to a transmission shop and the owner was sure it was the pilot bearing.
Well they replaced the pilot bearing and guess what...... no noise!!!

However, when I drove off the car kept popping out of 1st and 3rd.Aparently, they had taken off the top plate of my "Pro 50 shifter and put it on backwards. They also left a bolt out of the rubber boot plate...but best of all the threw away my Cobra bob gaskets and used black silicon in its place.

I fixed it myself. I'll get a hold of Cobra Bob today to order new gaskets. The car sounds like a rattle trap without the gaskets!!!

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
I am sure they did not throw the gaskets away - I'll bet some shop tech now has them installed in his car... :kaboom:

That is why I try to do all my own work - I hate taking it to those dealer monkeys.

Dan

03yellow

Established Member
I think I'll be more happy when my warranty runs out!!!

DD2000GT said:
I am sure they did not throw the gaskets away - I'll bet some shop tech now has them installed in his car... :kaboom:

That is why I try to do all my own work - I hate taking it to those dealer monkeys.

Dan

ModsAway

Established Member
If you choose to pay someone to work on your car at least take it somewhere where they appreciate and respect a performance vehicle. Warranty work... you get what you pay for, which more often than not is NOTHING!

03blacksnake

Time Traveler
Established Member
Amen! I have no problem paying someone to work on my car as long as I can trust them. That is why when it comes to my car, I try to do everything myself.
The job may not get done right, but at least it will be done to my satisfaction. :thumbsup:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
03yellow said:
...snip...However, when I drove off the car kept popping out of 1st and 3rd.Aparently, they had taken off the top plate of my "Pro 50 shifter and put it on backwards...snip...

You've got to be kidding me...they put it on backwards??? I guess that goes to show they didn't even bother to have someone test drive it, huh. Unbelievable.

I know for a fact that many dealers have new (inexperienced) techs do as much of the warranty work as possible. These guys are generally paid by the hour instead of flat rate and it's much cheaper for the dealer to have them do warranty work...which generally pays poorly. This keeps the experienced techs free to do higher paying jobs that help pay for the experience and training they have received. That is just a fact of life. But the service advisor or shop foreman should be checking up on their work and at least drive the damn car around the block for crying out loud! But then again, there are many of you who would pitch a fit for that too...so... :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread